Gempro 250 digital scale table

I just got a Gempro 250 to replace my Lee Safety scale.  My table for the scale consists of two 5 gallon buckets filled with concrete sitting one atop the other.  These two buckets are perfect height when I'm sitting at my reloading bench and they offer a tremendous mass for isolating the scale from vibrations.  The buckets are not connected in any way to my reloading bench, but they do sit approximately 4 inches to the left.  The scale will be plugged into a surge protector and allowed to warm up prior to use.  The scale will be cleaned prior to use along with the powder pan.  I will use a Hornady powder trickler to fine tune charges than are dropped with a Lee Powder Measure.  I hope to be able to use the wind screen that comes with the scale and I plan to use the included 20 gram check weight.  I have one LED light directly over my reloading bench and two florescent lights in my shop.    

I am an inexperienced reloader so if there are any issues with my set up or concerns I should look into please feel free to let me know.  

Thanks.  

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would follow the manual instructions on warm up time. I have the same scale that has been flawless if given time to warm up otherwise it wanders off zero somewhat.  My lighting above bar where I use scale isn't flourescent lighting so I can't comment.  I have a cheap scale I use to check weight also that weighs to nearest 0.1. Good choice on scale IMHO. 

I've read numerous comments about florescent lights causing having havoc with those scales as well as power issues as well.  If you have issues with it wandering/drifting, check out accurate shooters forum for numerous comments & tips for help.  I never could get mine to hold zero, so I packed it up and use a beam scale and FA cheapo scale.