Ameriglo Hackathorn Glock Sights

I recently picked a set of the Ameriglo Hackathorn sights for my Glock 26, replacing the XS Big Dot sights I had on it.

I'm impressed by them. Easy to install of course. Very fast for my aging eyes to pick up, and they have a flat ledge on the front of the rear sight that aids in one hand malfunction clearance drills.

The narrow front post with the bright orange dot really draws my eye to it, yet there is plenty of room in the rear notch for precise shooting. The orange dot has a tritium insert as well.

I'm considering purchasing a pair for my S&W Shield. My only concern is that by looking at Ameriglo's website, the rear sight for the Shield seems to lack the serrations. That's not a deal breaker or anything, but I do like the serrations.

Anyone else running these?

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/sights/sight-sets/hackathorn-night-sight-sets-for-glock--prod70540.aspx

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/10/18/review-ameriglo-hackathorn-glock-night-sights/

20170322_091722.jpg

20170322_091733.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm running a similar set up but with the CAP front it has a square insert it really jumps out. I also ordered the rear with a single tritium tube. it has no serrations and it doesn't bother me. I like them enough that I'll try another set but with the Orange insert for comparison. Ameriglo was very responsive to questions I had about mixing front & rear sights that were outside the normal sets they offer.

_20171231_111247.thumb.JPG.29b91f9c9633e8af32dbbc8bdd0a5cef.JPG

Guest OMCHamlin

I'm impressed as heck with those Ameriglo sight set ups, but I swapped two of my Hackthorn sets for similar ones that had tritium vials in the rear, but no white outline around them, only the large orange or yellow/green ring around the front vial, I think they are called Spartan Operators or something. All three of the wife's M&Ps have Ameriglo sights on them, but they were a bear to install.

Been using the front sight on several of my guns for the past year.  I prefer the yellow but have the orange on a 320.  Dave Spaulding promotes these as well.  Especially 'eye grabbing' in daylight or low light plus the nite site tritium insert.  

• 2 months later...

I believe that’s what is on the PMR-30 and they are Equally Great for Both Day and Night Use! The 2 Different colors make a Difference in Daylight and Dark, No Pun intended. :biglol: They are Very Bright and easily seen and Quickly aligned for Accurate shots. I’ve not found anything better than the mixture of Orange color Filled Fiber Optic Tubing with just enough Tritium to make them equally Bright in the Dark.