May  20
June 17
July  15
Aug. 19
Sept.16
Oct.  21

11:30am Practice

12:00 to 3:00pm match shoot.

If you are new to Silhouette or bringing someone new.  Approx 10:30am  Competition Clinic.

see Attached for all the details

Hope to see ya there.  Ringing some steel.

WORKINGnraJPEG1.jpg

WORKINGnraP2JPEGnew.jpg

Edited by David S. Mackiernan
  • Like 1

there are no nra silhouette matches in east tennessee anymore.  this is the first year in over 11 years for "no matches" and no tennessee state match.   the chattanooga rifle club dropped the program for 2017.   so there are 36 plus local tennessee/alabama/georgia/north-south carolina silhouette shooter looking for nra silhouette matches (smallbore rifle/smallbore hunter rifle/cla smallbore/cla pistol cartridge).   

• 4 weeks later...

First Match is in the books.  Our NRA Approval is still pending but that did not stop folks from showing up and having a great time knocking down little steel animals. 

Remember  3rd Saturday of each month is Silhouette Saturday in Jackson Tn.  Come over and join the Fun.

http://www.tnsportsfoundation.org/metallic-silhouette.html

What we Shot.

Small Bore Standard Rifle

Small Bore Hunter Rifle

Smallbore Cowboy

Non NRA CLASSES

Semi Auto- non magnified Optic (red dot)

Edited by David S. Mackiernan
  • 1 month later...

Didn't know this was happening again, awesome. I've shot 3gun and IDPA there many times. Might have to make it out to a match.

next thing you know high power matches will be back :)

Edited by Jct1911
  • 3 weeks later...

Update:  Tennessee Sports Foundation Silhouette matches are NRA approved!

Our program get better and bigger each month.  I am makeing the decision to keep the cost for all matches this year "Shoot all day for $5"  Certainly the lowest cost way to start shooting sports!  (Under 18 always free with compeeting adult)

July match I will have Nra ScoreBooks available. Award pins are ordered.

Per. the NRA , all matches already shot this year CAN be added to your official scores and I can back date them. So let me know if you need the paper work done.  I remember some folks with good scores!

To date. No 10 in a rows have been shot (We got to get some, stay steady folks! )

Last match we used an automated line call, and it worked out nice.

Also I am going to request the club allow us more time to strech out the match later, due to popularity.

Non members are always welcome on match day.

______

JC 1911

Re: HP Silhouette.......  I am considering purchasing a set of full size swingers for practice.  Maybe set up an informal HP day?

I don't even have a rifle for that yet...... so still in planning stage.

Also my air rifle is on the way, so are some tiny targets.  Maybe over the winter we can add air rifle mornings to the Silhouette Saturday.  That is my hope.

See you there on the 3rd Saturday of every month.

Tennesse Sports Foundation , Riverside Drive , Jackson,Tn

• 1 month later...

Rolling right along!

3 more NRA Matches this year August 19th is next!

For the Final three NRA matches ...PRIZES!  

$25.00 BassProShops  Gift Cards

NRA Classes Smallbore Standard Rifle

Smallbore Hunter Rifle

Smallbore Cowboy 

$25.00 gift card for High Score in "CLUB" class.   (that is for everyone not officially in an NRA class)

Come on over and Join the FUN!

See you there on the 3rd Saturday of every month.

Tennesse Sports Foundation , Riverside Drive , Jackson,Tn

• 3 weeks later...

Tennessee Sports Foundation

Metallic Silhouette Report For the Match of 8/19/17

Where you there?

It was HOT. I don't know if I will ever get used to that heat. But the winds where calm and the sun was bright so it was a great day for shooting Silhouette.

We had a decent turn out this month with a few Foundation members joining us to shoot. It was also nice to see a few members stop be to visit and watch for a while.

Our TWO winners for out NRA class matches where:

*. RAY VEGA ,(Jackson ,Tn) won SmallBore Hunter Rifle. $25 Bass Pro gift Card

* C. Eddington (Alabama) won Smallbore Cowboy Rifle. $25 Bass Pro gift Card

Please note I owe both of you Match Winner Pins, I have them and I totally forgot.....

Also note that Ray Vega scored high enough to move up to AA class in Hunter Rifle. Our first person to move up a class at TSF.

We had 5 competitors in Smallbore Hunter. 3 in Smallbore Cowboy. 1 Standard Rifle and 1 pistol. With several “practice only” rounds shot during the match time.

Don't forget to save the date for our next match on September 16, 2017..

Easy to remember, we are there every 3rd Saturday.

Grab your favorite .22lr firearm and join the fun.

For more information visit the Foundation's website!

http://www.tnsportsfoundation.org/metallic-silhouette.html

8.19.JPG