Got some new wheels...time for TGO Spring ride?

Hozzie

I sold off my 2014 Street Glide last year as I just wasn't using it enough for what I had in it.  I started to get the itch again now that the weather is nice so I picked up a new ride today.  Decided to go with a Sport Tourer as I wanted something I could pay cash for as well as have a little more power behind it.  Picked up a 2014 Yamaha FJR1300.

I had a good time the last time some of us got together for a ride.  If anyone is interested in doing it again, let me know and we'll try to plan something in the coming weeks.  

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-DwwDJzz/0/XL/i-DwwDJzz-XL.jpg

For some reason the picture won't show, but the link works.  It is a nice picture of my crappy garage floor :)

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 4

I would love to squeeze in a ride or three. However my riding time has been limited to rarely these days. I am not complaining, just explaining, I have put my family (wife and son) first. So we do many family outings instead of me riding. :)

• Like 1

Nice. I am having a really hard time with the new Honda NM4. I want one so bad I can't see straight. It has plenty of room for touring when properly equipped and would be more comfortable than my chopped up Sporty.

But I love my Sporty.

You guys in Tennessee are too far away for me to ride with.

• 2 weeks later...

I've ridden some cruisers and  enjoyed it, but you will find the sport tourers like the FJR1300 and the FZ1 sport standard I own are significantly faster, MUCH MUCH MUCH faster. As I used to tell people, 1/3 turn of the throttle is 60mph, 2/3rds turn is 120mph and full throttle is 150-186mph depending on the bike. In about the time you have read this paragraph you could have gone from 0 -150mph plus. Just a reminder is all I am saying 

2 hours ago, madmarx said:

I've ridden some cruisers and  enjoyed it, but you will find the sport tourers like the FJR1300 and the FZ1 sport standard I own are significantly faster, MUCH MUCH MUCH faster. As I used to tell people, 1/3 turn of the throttle is 60mph, 2/3rds turn is 120mph and full throttle is 150-186mph depending on the bike. In about the time you have read this paragraph you could have gone from 0 -150mph plus. Just a reminder is all I am saying 

Couldn't get the wife onboard with a Concours 14. Bought the Rocket so she could ride longer and be comfortable. I don't think anyone that has ever ridden one would call a Rocket III slow.

45 minutes ago, JeffL said:

Couldn't get the wife onboard with a Concours 14. Bought the Rocket so she could ride longer and be comfortable. I don't think anyone that has ever ridden one would call a Rocket III slow.

Oh I agree. I have not ridden one, but I sat on a Rocket III and was amazed how balanced it was and I wanted to ride it. That was more for the majority of cruisers especially the V Twins