Not Receiving Email Notifications

I'm following each of these 3 classified areas individually- gear, firearms, non-firearms, and I'm not receiving email when a new item is posted in any of them since the classified system change started. I've triple checked my settings, and would be relieved if it's just my fault with some setting being wrong.

I use Hotmail (I know...I know).

I'm hoping the developers offer a "classifieds basic" upgrade soon. One without multiple locations to view and respond to ads, and without all the boxes to tick when creating an ad.

Thanks for all you do to facilitate my firearms acquisition habit and at a very reasonable cost. 

I have not started to receive email notifications for the Firearms classifieds i follow.  It looks like there have been a couple of new posts in the past few hours.

I have added Tactics and Training today to what I follow.

21 hours ago, TGO David said:

Hugh, PM me the address you want to use. That yahoo one is not working though. 

Thanks, but I switched to a gmail address and seem to be receiving notifications (except classifieds) again.

Just noticed that even though I ( Follow Firearms Classifieds - Send me: *A notification and an email when new content is posted) When I click on (Topics I Follow) it does not show up on the list...

On 4/24/2017 at 10:38 AM, MemHeli said:

I correlate the new classifies section with no longer receiving the "wallet depleting" forum updates.  Research on the site shows that there are actually two classifies sections on the site now.  I also see these are independent "forum subscriptions".  I was subscribed to the old forum - I'm now subscribed to the "new" forum linked by the header menu.  I realize the content is the same, but the url's and subscriptions are different.  I wonder if this is somehow related to what's going on with notifications.

Link from header menu and below classifieds  menu

https://www.tngunowners.com/forums/classifieds/category/3-firearms-classifieds/

Link from main site content - not the header menu

https://www.tngunowners.com/forums/forum/39-firearms-classifieds/

Dave I've looked at this some more this morning.  When I go to "manage my content" and them "forums"  my "follow" on the Firearms Classifies section ONLY shows up when I follow the forum by clicking to it from here (https://www.tngunowners.com/forums/forum/39-firearms-classifieds/).  Clicking to the forum from the header bar link (https://www.tngunowners.com/forums/classifieds/category/3-firearms-classifieds/) does NOT result in a "follow" or show up in my followed content to manage.  Curious to me.  May be completely unrelated.  Just trying to help. 

Note:  I just saw where the Post Update notifications are coming to my old email address - not the gmail address that shows up in my profile now as my Email.  That is also very curious to me.  Is there another spot where email address for notifications should be changed?  I'm probably just overlooking it.

Edited by MemHeli
adding info on email address
On 4/28/2017 at 7:41 PM, DHF said:

I have not started to receive email notifications for the Firearms classifieds i follow.  It looks like there have been a couple of new posts in the past few hours.

Not, or did you mean now? I receive email notifications for the indviaul  Firearms classifieds I follow.

On 4/29/2017 at 7:06 AM, MemHeli said:

When I go to "manage my content" and them "forums"  my "follow" on the Firearms Classifies section ONLY shows up when I follow the forum by clicking to it from here (https://www.tngunowners.com/forums/forum/39-firearms-classifieds/).  Clicking to the forum from the header bar link (https://www.tngunowners.com/forums/classifieds/category/3-firearms-classifieds/) does NOT result in a "follow" or show up in my followed content to manage.

I follow both and neither show up as followed.

12 hours ago, hughd said:

Not, or did you mean now? I receive email notifications for the indviaul  Firearms classifieds I follow.

I meant "not.  I have not been receiving emails from the Classifieds.  I followed some individual classified items this morning to see if I received notifications from them.  I will let you know if I start to receive email notifications from these individual posts.

Just noticed this: If you go to (Manage Followed Content) and click on (Categories) under (Classifieds) on the left side of page it will show (Categories I Follow) rather than (Topics I Follow).

• 2 weeks later...

Got my first classified notification via email today! It was only one, and I'm sure other stuff was posted in the same time frame in the other categories i have selected, but hopes are high that it's fixed.

Thanks for all the hard work! 

Edited by bud
Spell
  • Like 1

Same here. 

I also received one earlier this week from the TGO Vendor Classified section. I think it was an ad from Sumner Gun... did y'all get that one too?

Hopefully some kind of pattern is emerging :x:

Edited by bud
50 minutes ago, hughd said:

Daniel Defense DDM4V7 - Free Ammo with Purchase

Started by ITSFORSALENOW, 14 hours ago

Why is this item pinned in the Firearms Classifieds?

Because he bought a premium ad instead of doing one of the free ones.  The ones you pay for stay pinned at the top of the section so you get more views.

• Like 2