Galatin Gun IDPA @ Sumner Gun & Supply

Gallatin Gun IDPA will start hosting indoor IDPA matches at Sumner Gun & Supply April 12. We will hold the indoor matches the 2nd and 4th Wednesday nights. Set up starts a 5:00PM with first shots at 6:00PM. We should finish around 9:00PM. I will host these matches until Gallatin Gun Club has a new range built. In the mean time I will train SO's and anybody that wants to part of the Sumner Gun IDPA group to run it's own matches after I resume duties at the new outdoor range. This may take a while, so in the present we will have indoor matches.

The first match will have 4 stages, around 70 rounds. Their is a learning curve here as I learn what I can do within the confines of an indoor range. I have limited the first match to 24 guns. I may allow more as we progress.

I have opened a entry form on Practiscore; https://practiscore.com/gallatin-gun-idpa-indoor-match/register  Match fee is $20. Discount is available to members of the Sumner Gun Range. 

Payment is to be may at the sales counter of the Gun Store.

I have also bought tablets for scoring that will be posted onto Practiscore.  Their is a learning cure here also.

Robert

Edited by rstandley
Price change
  • Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Going to register for my 1st ever pistol comp., but not sure of terminology.  I think CCP is conceal carry?  I don't know what the classes or abbr mean.  Just want to try IDPA, and will join if I like it.  Could someone help with the class designations, please?  Thanks

CCP is compact carry pistol (Glock19) and similar. SSP, stock service pistol, is standard size (Glock17) ESP, Enhanced Service Pistol,  is a pistol that has been modified with mag. well or other non-factory parts or single action 9mm or .40. CDP, Custom Defense Pistol,  is for 1911 framed pistols or any brand .45 ACP. REV is revolver. .38 special (SSR) or .45 (ESR) Bug (Back Up GUN) .380 and larger small frame short barrel., 3.6".

The class designations are so shooters compete against others of similar skill level. But, until you shoot a classifier you will be unclassified (UN)

Once you have joined IDPA, and shot the classifier, you will be put into one of the classifications. Novice (NV), Marksman (MM), Sharpshooter (SS), Expert (EX), or Master (MA). DM is Distinguished Master and can only be attained at the highest level of matches.

I can't recall if Shield fits in the Bug box or not, it might if you use the flush mags. It certainly fits the CCP one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, jumprun13k said:

I can't recall if Shield fits in the Bug box or not, it might if you use the flush mags. It certainly fits the CCP one.

The Shield is a BUG with the flush base mags.  With the 8 round mag it is a CCP.

Two IDPA divisions for the price of one....., what a deal!  :biglol:

• Like 1