9mm is the best handgun caliber. Period.

On 3/28/2017 at 8:14 PM, Randall53 said:

22 - 45 beats a knife at a gunfight every time.

?????? not so sure on that....take some blade training and compare it to what can be done with a pocket pistol like a .22 / .32 etc.  If I get to pick the blade I would take one over several pistols I can think of.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Caliber, like everything else, is application driven.  If the manufacturers would start making a 158 gr. 357 Magnum Rimless JHP; it and a .22LR would cover all my handgun needs. Until then a .40 S&W and a .45 ACP will be required.

But no, they waste their time with nonsense no one wants like .45 GAP, .357 SIG, and 10mm. biggrin.gif

You pretty much just said you are wanting a 155gr 10mm , I would suggest the Dan Wesson RZ-10 to go with your round of choice.

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

You pretty much just said you are wanting a 155gr 10mm , I would suggest the Dan Wesson RZ-10 to go with your round of choice.

For that application (Heavy, oversized gun, with limited round count, that fires a big azz bullet) I already have a 1911 loaded with Federal 230 grain HST’s. Why would I want to downgrade? biggrin.gif

17 hours ago, Garufa said:

Y'all let me know when these fantastical advances in 9mm ammo technology start delivering 180+ grains of earth-shattering devastation.

I think 9mm reaches 180+ sometime after the slide locks back on a .45 since the 9mm isn't done at that point. :D

21 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Or 5400 grains of .40 from one clip....

Okay, so I'm not even going to touch the CLIP reference debate.

This could go on for awhile I know, but how about 12,400 grains of 9mm?

Edited by MP5_Rizzo
I kant type and werk so stuff happens.
22 hours ago, Garufa said:

Y'all let me know when these fantastical advances in 9mm ammo technology start delivering 180+ grains of earth-shattering devastation.

Well, going with my argument that 9mm is the 'best' as long as we consider that .357Mag/.38 Special are 9mm, got ya' covered! :dirty:

large_396_19A_Large.png

Edited by JAB
12 hours ago, DaveTN said:

For that application (Heavy, oversized gun, with limited round count, that fires a big azz bullet) I already have a 1911 loaded with Federal 230 grain HST’s. Why would I want to downgrade? biggrin.gif

Yankee transplant by any chance ???

11 hours ago, Taylor said:

Yankee transplant by any chance ???

Why, you think they have better guns/ammo in the North?  I don’t know what this has to do with handgun calibers, but I was born less than 100 miles from the Capitol of the Confederacy; how about you?