Finally finished

Took a while to finish, but I think it's finally 'done'.

700-800 rds through it so far (probably, maybe more :)), 6-inch groups at 200 yds w/ Wolf .223 factory rounds. 3" groups at 100 yds.

Anderson Manuf. Lower w/ Houge grip, Anderson 5.56 upper w/ 24" Stainless Bull Barrel 1:8 twist. Nikon P-308 scope, Reflex site, and CAA Group Stock w/ cheek rest.

Starting to become a fan of the AR. Want to get another upper in 300 blk. out so I can use that as an excuse to buy another lower! It truly is an illness. I should be able to get government compensation somehow, shouldn't I?

- K

AR15.jpg

Edited by ReeferMac
  • Like 12
1 hour ago, Gotthegoods said:

What charging handle did you opt for?

The one that came on my Sport ain't sporty.

https://www.andersonrifles.com/product/24-stainless-steel-barrerled-complete-upper-with-bcg-and-charging-handle/

Anderson calls it their Tactical Charging Handle.. It's functional, and doesn't get in the way. I like it. Am happy w/ their rifle parts.

Thanks everyone.

Dozer's kickin A$$ on those stumps. The one's you saw are long gone!

- K

That is very nice! They are a disease though, you're officially a potential carrier when you join TGO, looks like you have fully contracted the illness. 

Now or you need a pistol, two carbines, and one of those fancy precision stocks from magpul for your 24". 

Then, you can get started on second calibers and back up part rifles, because everyone knows the best way to store spare parts is complete as a rifle.

Don't forget spare parts for the spare part rifles. 

And magazines. If you can lift the weight of all of your loaded magazines you're doing it wrong. Once you get more than you can reasonably carry you'll know you're off to a good start though. 

Edited by TrickyNicky
Clipazines
  • Like 2
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 5:16 PM, TenMileHunter said:

1f6d628d2ba62f620646780c8b6d7961.jpg
2186af504b075308d7848bc9c15fe8c0.jpg
I built these two. Both are 300 BLK. You will love this round except for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My subsonic rounds are under a nickel a shot. I cast everything I shoot so the only cost I really have is the primer at $100/5000 and the ~8 grains of powder.

Been working with the 300 Blackout since before it was a caliber. Have a couple of successful bullet designs with a third on the way. Newest one is a 265 grain behemoth that will feed from a magazine and is stable in anything 8 twist or faster at subsonic speeds. Get it to ~1,100 fps and it is stable in a 10 twist. It also uses about 1/4 less powder and that means your silencer has less gas to deal with so your gun is quieter. And single shot loads are magical in how quiet they are, most people think it is a misfire without ears on. The bullet was designed around the 300 Blackout rather than trying to find an off the shelf solution. We are getting 1.5 MOA groups WITHOUT load development. Several testers think they will get them to shoot MOA with a little work.

• Like 3

Those stumps are from the big pine tree's, not the little stuff we were messing with.

You remember, the 60+-footers? That machine scoops the roots once, twice, than reaches up and.... TIMMMMMBBBBBBEEEEEEEERRRRRR!!!

Amazing.

Anyone need some firewood? LOL!

- K

Clear cutting ground contributes to the displacement of forest animals, which contributes to global warming.. but being a conservative you probably don't care much about clean air, clean water, or the displaced squirrel population.

I'm reporting you to Al Gore.

• Like 1