FYI - Berretta APX andCanik SF

DWARREN123

Heads up Guns & Leather in Greenbrier has Berretta APX and Canik SF in stock.

The APX felt good in my hand and of course everyone in the store said it was a good shooter. Comes with 3 mags. $509 and change before taxes and back ground check.

They also have the Canik SF in stock, did not get the price since I have a SF Elite. 

Both pistols are black in color.

• 2 weeks later...

APX. In our modern world of firearms, where they can and should be extremely easy to maintain...

... my people (I'm Italian) have again shown their propensity to hit the vino while working, and designed this where you have to have three hands to field strip. You have to hold the frame, pull the slide back, and while you're doing that, you have to be pushing in a small button with a punch or a pen.

Marrone. Stupid.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Steelharp said:

... my people (I'm Italian) have again shown their propensity to hit the vino while working, and designed this where you have to have three hands to field strip. You have to hold the frame, pull the slide back, and while you're doing that, you have to be pushing in a small button with a punch or a pen.

This guy makes it look quite easy starting at 4:24 in this video.

Edited by MP5_Rizzo
1 hour ago, Steelharp said:

Still a stupid design, by today's capabilities.

I don't know why it was designed this way but my first gut instinct is that it may be the result of a particular group of American lawyers than vino soaked Italian gun designers.  I have not researched this but does using the striker deactivation button release the striker spring tension with out the striker being able to hit the primer of a live round if one were in the chambered.  If so, there's your answer.

Not trying to derail the thread but it does seem to be something I'm quit proficient at.  Speaking of Italians loving their Vino.  During the Annual ATA Grand American visiting vendors row is always fun.  One that I never pass up is the Perazzi shop.  Does not matter how early I've been in there I've sales reps and gunsmiths with a glass of vino in their hand or near them, I've even been offered a glass.  I kid you not!

• Like 1

Once you learn how it becomes very easy to disassemble. You really do not need a punch or pin to push the take down pin in.

For ease of disassembly, the Canik SF Elite beats about every other. You do have to pull the trigger then move slide back half of a inch, push down on take down points and move forward 1/2 inch then separate.

Yes it releases the striker tension. It does not disengage the striker (firing pin) block so it takes a hit every time... not ,my choice on how to design a takedown system by testing another safety system every time it's disassembled. Of course good safety practices make this irrelevant. 

Liability lawyers making up for idiots for sure.

I love the SF elite too.

The striker deactivation button does not have to be pushed. just eject a magazine , pull the trigger (like on a Glock) and push in on the take-down lever and rotate it downwards like the M9/92FS.

a5.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

Edited by tercel89

My Beretta APX has a crisp trigger but not as lite as the Canik. The APX trigger is what I would consider good for a carry hand gun with no safety for most folks.

The Canik SF Elite trigger has some take up and then a lite, crisp break and short reset. I like both triggers but they are different.

• 3 weeks later...