H&K VP9 or CZ P-09

Vindicare

I'm in the market and may have settled on one of these two.

My main criteria are that the shooter be accurate, has a good trigger out of the box and most importantly doesn't need a lot of upgrades to make it comparable to others in it's class.

I'm just tired of having to put new triggers and barrels and sights on every new pistol I get.

Please let me know your thoughts and opinions. And yes I know they are very different pistols.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gosh darn you for making my decision harder..... I do love the way the 2.0 looks, especially the 5" ones.

Now I'm waffling between the vp9, p-09, m&p 2.0 and have even begun to consider glock 19/17.

I would like to hear some comparisons of the p-09 and the striker guns.

I bought a VP9 when they were first released and haven't regretted it a bit. 3k+ rounds and no complaints. I've handled the P07 and like it. Have a coworker that owns one and he speaks very highly of it and it's essentially the compact version of the P09. I've had 3 19's and 3 17's and I've found it's hard to leave them alone from the factory. My vote is VP9 or P09. I would vote M2.0 over a Glock but I haven't shot one. That's just an opinion by handling them and what I've read by owners and reviews on Youtube. 

I will most likely go by a shop that will hopefully have both the vp9 and p09 and see what I think. I'm still on the fence about the DA/SA vs striker. I had an FNP40 a few years ago and couldn't ever get used to the first pull but it's trigger wasn't that great based on my limited experience at the time.

How do you feel it compares to striker fired pistols?

The CZ is head and shoulders above striker fired pistols. Everyone has their own opinion, but hammer fired guns just feel right to me. I started off on striker pistols. I intend to shoot my new P09 along with my XDM in the next few days and I'll be able to give those two a good comparison after that.
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
16 hours ago, MasterG_SP01 said:

The CZ is head and shoulders above striker fired pistols. Everyone has their own opinion, but hammer fired guns just feel right to me. 

I have to point out that your first statement is an opinion also.  Like you said, it feels right to you.

A very large number of people prefer the consistent trigger feel that striker-fired guns provide, over the heavier first-pull and lighter subsequent-pull weights experienced with DA/SA or straight DA guns provide.

This guy might as well have asked who makes the best truck:  Dodge, Chevy, Ford, Toyota or Nissan.  He's going to get a lot of opinions, and opinions are purely subjective to the people who hold them.

I have to point out that your first statement is an opinion also.  Like you said, it feels right to you.
A very large number of people prefer the consistent trigger feel that striker-fired guns provide, over the heavier first-pull and lighter subsequent-pull weights experienced with DA/SA or straight DA guns provide.
This guy might as well have asked who makes the best truck:  Dodge, Chevy, Ford, Toyota or Nissan.  He's going to get a lot of opinions, and opinions are purely subjective to the people who hold them.

Very true all that you said. It just so happens that my opinion is the correct opinion. To me LOL.

But that is a huge part of the allure of being a member of a gun forum - getting contrasting opinions of fellow enthusiasts. I just so happen to fall into the DA/SA hammer fired camp, and more specificity the CZ DA/SA tent within that camp.
On 3/27/2017 at 10:13 PM, PC7 said:

VP9 all day. Longslide version is set to be released soon if you are interested.

You can get one with 3 mags and tritium sights for $557, which is a steal. https://georgiagunstore.com/index.php/hk-vp9-9mm-w-3-15rd-mags-and-ns.html

As far as the M&P, take a look at the other threads in this forum. 

I was just looking at the VP9 from a grab a gun email.  This is a better deal by a good bit!  If only the barrel were threaded too.

Edited by MemHeli

Both great guns, you just have to decide if you prefer the striker to the DA/SA system. If you shoot regularly I'd go CZ, if you shoot occasionally you should go H&K. The striker system is just easier to maintain competency.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, sleeper said:

Both great guns, you just have to decide if you prefer the striker to the DA/SA system. If you shoot regularly I'd go CZ, if you shoot occasionally you should go H&K. The striker system is just easier to maintain competency.

Using that logic, if he goes damn near daily he should choose a flintlock.

• Administrator

Somewhere around 30 years of experience owning and shooting a lot of guns has taught me this:

• Everyone's preference for a firearm type, make and model is entirely subjective.
  • Recommendations are good, but your own personal hands-on experience with recommendations is better.
  • Recommending a firearm is like recommending a church to attend.  Most folks think that theirs is the best ever.  Most folks fail to realize that it might simply be the best ever for them.

There's a reason why so many guns go up for sale on the used market.  People get an idea in their head that a firearm will be the most amazing thing that they have ever spent money on, only to buy it, own it, use it, and realize that it really wasn't for them at all.  The best advice I or anyone else can give you is to come up with lists of what you want and what you require from a gun (two different things), rank each list in priority, canvas the firearms market for guns that meet your wants and needs, and then go rent, beg or borrow as many of them as you can to do some shooting with.

Then spend your money.

:)

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I finally settled on the CZ P-07. I went and fondled they P-09, P-07, VP9, P320 and even a Block 19 and 17. I wasn't able to actually shoot any of them except Glocks in the past. I like the P-09 and P-07 the best as far as feel and balance. I settled on the P-07 for the versatility of the size. Being that I could CC it and also enjoy it at the range. Also it holds 15 rounds vs the VP9 being full sized with the same capacity. Thanks for all the input.

I have my P07 at Royal Range waiting for them to finish their FFL paperwork and then I'll pick it up.