Hey guys,

Possibly picking up a 9mm carbine in the near future, what are your guys suggestions for a 9mm suppressor? I already have a 30 cal and 22, so it doesn't HAVE to be a multi use unit. Requirement order:

1. Hearing safe. Doesn't have to be Hollywood quiet but something in the 130db would be more than adequate.

2. Price. I already have a SBR 300blk that is scary quiet. Something

3. Size/weight/material

4. QD vs direct thread. I have used both and while a QD is nice to have, it is less important than the three above

The short term plan is that this will live exclusively on the carbine. Sometime in the future I may put it on on a 9mm pistol. I haven't fully decided if I want to invest in a barrel for my g19 yet.

Also, would it be better to go ahead and go with a 45cal silencer so I could run more than a .357 bullet through it?

Thanks,

Dallas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For a .45 can, I really like the Dead Air Ghost 45. Can be run wet or dry, wiped or not, or full length or short configuration, or any combination of those.

Alot of people really like the Silencerco Omega 9k, shortest 9mm can available and quiet, but fatter than I like at 1.47 vs most pistol cans at 1.375 or 1.25" diameter.

Thanks guys for the suggestion. Those both seem to be top of the range in performance. I'm having a hard time paying as much for a 9mm suppressor as I did my 30cal. Have I set unrealistic expectations?

27 minutes ago, dallasb said:

What do you guys think about the omega 9k

I personally don't like it for the fact it's completely sealed. That means no lead bullets, jacketed only. And it's too fat for a pistol. For a carbine only with jacketed bullets it's ok but I think even the TiRant being an old design is better at nearly everything.

not a bad suppressor though, if it fits your needs, go with it. I just feel it's more of a niche can than a general purpose pistol cal can. 

I personally don't like it for the fact it's completely sealed. That means no lead bullets, jacketed only. And it's too fat for a pistol. For a carbine only with jacketed bullets it's ok but I think even the TiRant being an old design is better at nearly everything.

not a bad suppressor though, if it fits your needs, go with it. I just feel it's more of a niche can than a general purpose pistol cal can. 

What are your thoughts on the Griffin rev 9? It seems to be very similar to the octane just has the option to go with a K setup.

6 minutes ago, dallasb said:

What are your thoughts on the Griffin rev 9? It seems to be very similar to the octane just has the option to go with a K setup.

I really don't see the appeal of "modular" cans. They will get carbon locked if not cleaned regularly. Personally, I'd most likely keep them in full configuration. 

Griffin makes great stuff, I don't think you could go wrong. 

15 hours ago, dallasb said:

It's a great can. Griffin makes good stuff. Pretty innovative. They have a 3-lug .22 suppressor. And a 5.56 can that fits a standard A2 birdcage.

It's a great can. Griffin makes good stuff. Pretty innovative. They have a 3-lug .22 suppressor. And a 5.56 can that fits a standard A2 birdcage.

Thanks. I actually have their Checkmate QD and have been very happy with it so far.

I have the Dead Air Ghost, Silencerco Osprey 45, SWR Trident 9 and a Silencerco Omega 9k. The 9k and Ghost are my latest cans and so far I absolutely love my 9k. I use it mainly on 9mm carbines so the short length and larger OD looks great on it. I tried it briefly on a Glock 19 and the gun didn't cycle though. But I love it as a fixed barrel can on a Scorpion, Uzi pro and X95 SBR.

• Like 1