"Solvent Traps"

ATF has raided and taken down another "solvent trap" online dealer recently. They are starting to see what a "solvent trap" really is and what they are REALLY used for.

And yes, you CAN order a 50 BMG upper for your AR15. Doesn't need to go through a FFl and can be mailed directly to you. Mine should be here any day.

• Like 3

My take on these solvent traps, is they are traps. While I do my fair share of law breaking, I like to cruise 2 to 3 over on the interstate. I want no part of anything that could be construed as an automatic weapon, suppressor, or parts there of. Too many if's, and's or but's when it comes to these bits and pieces that some one in authority at the ATF could write a memo and make that part something that would send me to jail. I am just too soft and cuddly for that madness. :)

• Like 2

Meh, I own a few Maglight flashlights, a bunch of PVC, a few 2-liter bottles heck and even some potatoes that can be made into silencers if I really wanted.  All have legal uses and were/are a primary reason for their purchase and there is no letter that can change that fact.  I also own two :eek: Sig braces, which the ATF waffles back and forth on, I just refuse to live life worrying about what the ATF may do.  With all the solvent traps out there, we would have to build a bunch of new prisons to hold everyone if they decided to arrest all who own one.  If they change their mind, I am sure it will be like the ATI GSG-522 barrel shroud, a recall will be done and then you can chose to comply or not. http://www.gun-tests.com/news/news/ATI-American-Tactical-Imports-GSG-barrel-shroud-recall_11856-1.html#.WOvgB6p1oqI

12 hours ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

ATF has raided and taken down another "solvent trap" online dealer recently. They are starting to see what a "solvent trap" really is and what they are REALLY used for.

And yes, you CAN order a 50 BMG upper for your AR15. Doesn't need to go through a FFl and can be mailed directly to you. Mine should be here any day.

Which one did you get? SHF?