Washer & Dryer for Someone who Needs Them

btq96r

Karma has been quite good to me lately, so I'm just looking to pass some down the chain.  I'll be moving into a new apartment in a few weeks, and it already comes with a washer & dryer.  So, instead of putting what I have no into storage, I figure I would bequeath it to an individual or family that can get some use from it.  They're not the latest models, about 10yrs old in fact, but they still work just fine and I've never had a problem.

Instead of them just sitting in a garage for years on end, I'd like these to go to someone who would actually need it...a family just starting out on their own, someone who can't afford one and has to go to a laundromat despite hookups in their place, something like that.  If you know of anyone who would fit the bill, or can find someone through your social circles, church group, or other networks, please let me know. 

I'll be ready to come off them in two weeks, and would ask that someone come to Murfreesboro that weekend to pick them up.  Please reply or PM with any takers.  Thanks for reading.

IMG_20170409_193650_zpsmleaagxy.jpg

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 11

I remember scraping to save enough to but a used set at a repair shop. The washer sounded like a rhino trying to bust out but sure beat laundromat costs EVERY week.

Hopefully you find a worthy recipient and that Karma will return the favor when you need it most.

My brother is sadly going through a divorce and just said the other day he was going to have to buy his own set.  He's already asleep but I have a message out to him and will let you know if not already gone tomorrow afternoon when I get back from work.

That's awesome. I just lucked into a good set a few months ago for a good price, but I would have been all over that!

the laundromats in Atlanta are a good way to meet fun and colorful characters, but I've met enough in the last year :rolleyes: 

Bersaguy PM'd me with a potential match for these. If that falls through for any reason I'll post accordingly. But I think they'll be in good hands with Bersa helping to get them where they need to be.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Well got to meet another TGO member today. Went and picked up the washer and dryer and got to meet btq96r and he is a very nice guy for sure. Didn't get to spend a lot of time visiting but he was more than glad to help us load the appliances. I enjoyed meeting another member and being able to put a face with a name. I want to thank you again B for the appliances and your help. It is greatly appreciated.....:cheers:

• Like 2