SCCY Firearms Moving to Blount County

Garufa

Can't really comment on their products as I have no experience with them but SCCY is going to start manufacturing handguns in Maryville, as well as moving headquarters there.  350 new jobs and a new gun manufacturer for Tennessee.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/money/business/2017/04/12/firearms-maker-sccy-brings-350-jobs-headquarters-blount-county/100339078/

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 8

Florida isn't what it used to be. After Jeb, they had a rhino of the worst kind as governor. Charlie Christ essentially ruined the good that Florida offered. Inmo

This is good news and I would certainly add one of their products to the lineup. 

• Like 2

The only thing I hate in these annnouncements is all the politicians patting themselves on the back. I wonder what concessions they gave to get him to pick Maryville. Also, with the gun market prices dropping fast, will he keep up the hiring he promises? 

I know my work just got stuck because a snack maker moved in a building we built, then filled bankruptcy 6 months later. They sold all their assets to another company.  Now the county can't get the return on the concessions it made and my boss is scrambling to find a tenant after we finished the building to the tenant's specs. Gotta be careful about making sure people who make big job creation promises have s chance of coming through.

Hopefully he meets or exceeds his plans. 

• Like 1

I wish them the best and I'm glad to hear they are relocating as well.

I actually picked up a SCCY from a friend last year. It's really a pretty solid little gun for a "budget" end of the spectrum, subjectively it's very shootable. The sights are solid on mine and offer a good sight picture. The trigger is, of course, markedly different from the Glocks I've been shooting for years (decades)...much akin to a revolver trigger, long full release to reset, but smooth and not heavy at all.

Best of all the SCCY has a decent handfilling ergonomic grip. Worst of all mine is a picky eater! It runs fmj fine, loves 147 gr 9mm, but has had FTF with several defensive carry loads. I'm got it loaded with Pow'R Ball by Corbon...it likes that load.

I wouldn't particularly want one for an EDC...but at it's price point it's not bad.

:2cents:

1 hour ago, chances R said:

I would love to hear some more reports on SCCY as well as the new Taurus Spectrum.  There are plenty of people that won't or don't have the money to tie up in a SD gun.  I have shot neither but would like to hear from those who have.

Edited by mikegideon
11 hours ago, chances R said:

I would love to hear some more reports on SCCY as well as the new Taurus Spectrum.  There are plenty of people that won't or don't have the money to tie up in a SD gun.  I have shot neither but would like to hear from those who have.

The current manufactured SCCY 9mmP is a good pistol for what its costs. The triggers pretty heavy though and you'll have to find the brand of ammunition it likes by trial and error. It's nice to see another firearms company moving to TN. 

31 minutes ago, Gotthegoods said:

Nice write up, quad lock in their .380, interested x 2 since they are planning it in 9mm as well.

I've noticed, but always walked by this brand, assumed just another sub compact unshootable pocket pistol

http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2015/12/sccy-marvel-the-all-new-cpx-3-pistol/#sccy-cpx-3-photo-courtesy-sccy

That story over a year old, linked on SCCY's site too, yet they still don't show it in their offerings.

- OS