MOAB Dropped In Afghanistan!

24 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Come to think of it, we should probably just rescue all of the women, children and goats, and then nuke the whole goddamn place.  We haven't used one of those boomsticks lately either and the world kind of needs THAT reminder too.

I'm usually one to instigate the use of large weapons, but think we need to keep those toys in the package.  Too much political brouhaha involved with nukes.  A bigger MOAB would do the job, Russia has one iirc 4 or 5 times the size of ours.  

1 minute ago, Sam1 said:

I'm usually one to instigate the use of large weapons, but think we need to keep those toys in the package.  Too much political brouhaha involved with nukes.  A bigger MOAB would do the job, Russia has one iirc 4 or 5 times the size of ours.  

The FOAB "Father of All Bombs"

1 minute ago, Fourtyfive said:

The FOAB "Father of All Bombs"

Looks like our problems have already been solved, we just borrow their design.  Russia builds stuff bigger to compensate for accuracy.  I would say we need to work on accuracy too, but 40,000 lbs worth of explosives would do the job if you just drop it in the general area. lol

14 hours ago, btq96r said:

The other side of the MOAB story...and one the Pentagon is very much hoping the cool bomb hoopla distracts you from is that fact that Afghanistan is falling to the enemy and fast.  ISIS (or ISIS-K as they're called there apparently) being responsible for the death of a USSF Soldier is pretty disturbing by itself, but the Taliban is holding land in key regions of the country again.  That Afghan Army and government we sacrificed time, lives, resources, and money to establish isn't up to the task, and after 15 1/2 years we've got very little to show for our efforts in the country.  Everything after routing Al Qaeda in '01 & '02 was pretty much a waste, and shows again, that we're pretty good at the war part, but the occupying part isn't our forte because we lack the generational commitment. 

But please, continue to raise the table 6" because we dropped a big bomb and ignore the disaster that is our war in Afghanistan.

The opposite was your boy, Clinton. We see how well ignoring them worked too.

4 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Actual costs also include the operational and logistics costs involved with getting the bomb from a storage rack, onto the target, as well as the plane and crew back to point of origin.  I'd imagine that if you were to calculate all the involved resources involved, they probably sum up to a higher total than the bomb itself. 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Actual costs also include the operational and logistics costs involved with getting the bomb from a storage rack, onto the target, as well as the plane and crew back to point of origin.  I'd imagine that if you were to calculate all the involved resources involved, they probably sum up to a higher total than the bomb itself. 

I wouldn't disagree with that at all. But nobody has talked about it in terms of the cost of the entire mission, only the cost of the bomb. 

58 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I wouldn't disagree with that at all. But nobody has talked about it in terms of the cost of the entire mission, only the cost of the bomb. 

Well, to put it in terms the rest of the crowd will find a good analogy from...an individual MOAB is like an AR-15...the cost to put the MOAB on target are your sights, rail, magazines, trigger upgrade, ect. :)

17 hours ago, btq96r said:

Well, to put it in terms the rest of the crowd will find a good analogy from...an individual MOAB is like an AR-15...the cost to put the MOAB on target are your sights, rail, magazines, trigger upgrade, ect. :)

Don't forget the $600 hammer to bang in the roll pins. This IS the gov'ment we're talking about.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I was in error when I posted that 18 bad guys were killed. It was actually 36. I first heard 18 but since then that number has doubled...........:clap:

The news has been saying 36, 90, 92, 94. That just tells me no one has a clue of how many were killed.

MOAB, shmoab.  The British were using the 22,000 pound Grand Slam bomb in WWII.

"Guvna, the jerries are giving us a spot of bother"

"Well then, determine what a Lancaster bomber can carry and build a single bomb so we might give them a proper rogering"

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Garufa said:

MOAB, shmoab.  The British were using the 22,000 pound Grand Slam bomb in WWII.

"Guvna, the jerries are giving us a spot of bother"

"Well then, determine what a Lancaster bomber can carry and build a single bomb so we might give them a proper rogering"

:lol: 

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

The news has been saying 36, 90, 92, 94. That just tells me no one has a clue of how many were killed.

If the bomb was effective, they should not even be able to come up with a valid number.  If they do actually come up with one, then I say back to the drawing board, we need something bigger or more potent.

Well I have often wondered how they can come up with a body count inan explosion such as that cause they said it closed at least 3 caves so how do they know just how many were in the caves if they closed them in the explosion? I think the News Media's throw a number at the wall and see if it sticks like a string of Pasta.

14 hours ago, Sam1 said:

If they do actually come up with one, then I say back to the drawing board, we need something bigger or more potent.

We actually have a bigger one that does a lot more destruction..it is the MILOAB.

Mother-in-Law of All Bombs...

• Like 5
2 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Well I have often wondered how they can come up with a body count inan explosion such as that cause they said it closed at least 3 caves so how do they know just how many were in the caves if they closed them in the explosion? I think the News Media's throw a number at the wall and see if it sticks like a string of Pasta.

More like the Taliban throwing out goat :poop: and watching the media repeat it.