Iran's new stealth jet

Sam1

This is pretty bad ass.

Except for the fact that it's such a horrible propaganda piece, they posted a pic of it with a speedo that looks like it came out of a Cessna tapping yellow at 220 knots LOL  I'm no aviation expert, but am thinking a jet should go a bit faster than that.

YS4_Uzc8.jpg

No way it's a real plane. The cockpit edge would never seal, it looks like it's a fiberglass mockup. You already pointed out bogus instruments. The leading edge of the wing look VERY thick. 

It might taxi around, but it probably doesn't have enough power to do more than thay...

Funny propaganda though...

What I'm curious on is, is Iran that broke where they couldn't afford a few mil to make a good prop?  Seems like if you were going to throw something out there for the world to see, it would at least look legit.

26 minutes ago, Sam1 said:

What I'm curious on is, is Iran that broke where they couldn't afford a few mil to make a good prop?  Seems like if you were going to throw something out there for the world to see, it would at least look legit.

I don't think that they're geared up to build cutting edge technology weapons platforms yet and will have to build out the infrastructure and have their scientists and engineers educated to a high enough number to do the design and continued improvements.

10 hours ago, Sam1 said:

Iran doesn't have the design or manufacturing capability to make a believable forgery.   Apparently Putin didn't want to share his, or they were too embarassed to ask. 

Edited by peejman
10 hours ago, Sam1 said:

You have clearly never seen Iranian action movies. What you're seeing here in this mock up are leading edge special effects next to those.

They have an action hero movie that's kind of like Rambo that's so bad it's good.

Edited by monkeylizard

I was watching a news broadcast yesterday and they were showing clips of back in the late 50's in Moscow as the Russia dragged Mock Missiles in a parade to show off their power to the world and the Missiles had to actually be tied down to the Trailers so they would not blow off when the winds kicked because they were made of heavy cardboard. Most all those countries that try and bluff America will build up mock military armament to try and show power that they don't have. many of them still have not changed even today............jmho

48 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I was watching a news broadcast yesterday and they were showing clips of back in the late 50's in Moscow as the Russia dragged Mock Missiles in a parade to show off their power to the world and the Missiles had to actually be tied down to the Trailers so they would not blow off when the winds kicked because they were made of heavy cardboard. Most all those countries that try and bluff America will build up mock military armament to try and show power that they don't have. many of them still have not changed even today............jmho

Sort of like this one in the North Korean parade a few days ago that had the nose cone facing the wrong way? lol

3F4CEDA200000578-0-image-a-19_1492345744

The US and the Brits used inflatable tanks, trucks, etc. in WW2 prior to D-Day to misdirect the Nazis into believing we'd assault the continent at Calais. The US Army still uses inflatable tanks as decoys. Today they even give off heat signatures to fool surveillance. It can be an effective tactic, but not if you start distributing photos of close-ups like the Iranian Stealth Jet...  Fail.

tmg-article_default_mobile;jpeg_quality=

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Moderators
40 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

True, but I think it would be unwise to assume that America has not, or even does not, do the same.

1 hour ago, monkeylizard said:

The US and the Brits used inflatable tanks, trucks, etc. in WW2 prior to D-Day to misdirect the Nazis into believing we'd assault the continent at Calais. The US Army still uses inflatable tanks as decoys. Today they even give off heat signatures to fool surveillance. It can be an effective tactic, but not if you start distributing photos of close-ups like the Iranian Stealth Jet...  Fail.

tmg-article_default_mobile;jpeg_quality=

There's a documentary about the first units that did this , those guys were insane.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Sam1 said:

This is pretty bad ass.

Except for the fact that it's such a horrible propaganda piece, they posted a pic of it with a speedo that looks like it came out of a Cessna tapping yellow at 220 knots LOL  I'm no aviation expert, but am thinking a jet should go a bit faster than that.

YS4_Uzc8.jpg

I am no aviation expert but from what I understand the speedometer/speed tracking device looks like it is from a passenger plane?

I'm more interested and curious why the "DANGER: EJECTION SEAT & CANOPY" is in English?

• Like 4
3 hours ago, CZ9MM said:

True, but I think it would be unwise to assume that America has not, or even does not, do the same.

True, I think all of the so called super powers have all been guilty of Sabre Rattling with less than sharp Sabre's.....................:wall: 

3 hours ago, monkeylizard said:

In a related press release, Iranian sources announced the latest steps in their space program.

coin_rocket2.jpg

I think these guys may be a little farther advanced than Iran in the space race.

Edited by MP5_Rizzo
  • Like 3
10 hours ago, Gotthegoods said:

It looks like the avionics package includes an in dash CD player

8 hours ago, monkeylizard said:

It also looks like it was installed by the hacks at their local Best Buy.

Still a step up from a cassette player strapped to your leg. 

• Like 2