Tennessee Amber Alert over:

A Tennessee teacher and the teenage former student he was suspected of kidnapping were found in Northern California on Thursday, ending a manhunt that stretched on for more than a month, The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation announced.

Tad Cummins, 50, was arrested and 15-year-old Elizabeth Thomas was “safely recovered,” TBI tweeted. Officials planned a news conference scheduled for 4 p.m. ET.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/20/tad-cummins-elizabeth-thomas-found-in-california.html

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, DWARREN123 said:

From some of the videos of the two I do not think she was kidnapped.

I just wonder how bad things had to be at home for her to make the decisions she made.

It doesn't have to be bad at home for a 15 yr old girl to make a stupid decision!! My 15 yr old niece ran off with her 19yr old boyfriend for over a week before coming home, and she had a good home life and 2 parents who love and take care of her.

How many folks here think that guy that turned them in will get that big fat reward they said was out there? I bet he does not see a dime of it. If he says anything they will just tell him it was his civil duty to call police.............jmho

2 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

How many folks here think that guy that turned them in will get that big fat reward they said was out there? I bet he does not see a dime of it. If he says anything they will just tell him it was his civil duty to call police.............jmho

I heard earlier on the radio today that a friend of the family or some such promised 10k and he intends to follow through with it and pay up.

3 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I heard earlier on the radio today that a friend of the family or some such promised 10k and he intends to follow through with it and pay up.

Well I guess only time will tell but won't believe it until I hear it from a reliable source. I have my reason for knowing how those rewards work..........jmho

Edited by bersaguy

I hate to say it, but from seeing previous cases like this, they better give her a pregnancy test. 

Also, I wonder why charges were not brought up originally. I mean firing him was right but kissing a 15yo should have landed him in jail most places. He is a figure of authority even if she is old enough to be "concenting"

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

I hate to say it, but from seeing previous cases like this, they better give her a pregnancy test. 

Also, I wonder why charges were not brought up originally. I mean firing him was right but kissing a 15yo should have landed him in jail most places. He is a figure of authority even if she is old enough to be "concenting"

I heard them say on CBS Local news last evening that if she says she did go with him willingly they might or will drop the aggrevated Kidnapping Charges. If they drop them the world is worse off than I am thinking it is..............jmho

2 hours ago, bud said:

If the girl did go willingly, she needs to monetize this publicity. Her name and face is everywhere.

She needs is an agent. This is likely the biggest opportunity a poor girl from Culeoka, TN could ever hope to earn a pay day.

Start spicing up the story, ginning up the media, and get ready for a book deal. 

Well the story is already getting spicier by the day. I'll try to find the link again but I was reading earlier that the two of them spent two weeks in some clothing optional commune, before getting kicked out for spending too much time together having sex instead of doing communal chores. They were passing themselves off as a 44 and 24 year old married couple. 

1 hour ago, Danger Rane said:

Well the story is already getting spicier by the day. I'll try to find the link again but I was reading earlier that the two of them spent two weeks in some clothing optional commune, before getting kicked out for spending too much time together having sex instead of doing communal chores. They were passing themselves off as a 44 and 24 year old married couple. 

I feel very certain that this was not a forced trip for the young girl. I'm not saying that Tad Cummings isn't legally guilty of several things as she is a minor; but this young girl wasn't too interested in getting away from him it seems.

Mr. Cummings didn't look as if he could chase down a non-willing teenage girl.

As stated by bud and Danger Rane, this story will likely get more interesting as the days go by.

Edited by hipower
1 hour ago, seez52 said:

how could any 50 something year old man ever think this was going to end well for him?

Apparently he has daughters, feel sorry for them, and his wife.

I doubt he thought...at least not with the head on his shoulders.

I just wonder how he came up with a remote cabin in California. Seems to have been planning a while.