Tactical Rifle Match Saturday April 29'th at Green River Gun Club of Bowling Green KY.

Green River Gun Club of Bowling Green KY. will be holding a Tactical Rifle Match on Saturday April 29'th.

I don't have a lot of detail yet, but I'm told there will be 5 or 6 stages, 100-120 round count, maximum range about 125 yards. 8:00 am set-up, start at 9:30 am.

We have extended the range behind bay 5 to 125 yards and can get about 65 yards in bay 1 and 5, if the MD's want to use it.

Denny and Dan are the match directors, and GRGC will now have tactical rifle matches on the 5'th Saturday and on the 3'rd Saturday on the months with no 5'th Saturday.

So, 5'th Saturday matches are in April, July, and September. The 3'rd Saturday matches are in May, June, August and October.

For more information go to GRGC's website:

http://www.bggrgc.com/index.html

• Like 1
14 hours ago, DMark said:

I'm going to shoot something that is very short and very retro-black-rifle this Saturday!  :dirty: 

Sweet!  Bringing anybody?

Don't forget your chamber flags. I think Dan will have a few for sale at the match ($3.00), just in case.

• Like 1

Mark, one  limited stage 20 rounds 

Rest can be thirty rounds. 

Mark I'm not sure how many chamber flags we have. I'll buy some from you if you have any or email where to buy. 

Edited by D Stuart

That was a fun match!

It might not had been intended, but the "dancing steel" plates in the wood line of bay 5 while looking into the sun was AWESOME!

One of the hardest things to do in a fight is to acquire your target.  People can be getting shot at from a general direction and won't return fire because they can't see a clear target.  We become conditioned to look for that bullseye or cardboard cut out and our brain under stress just won't allow us to focus on something that is different from what we wish to see.

We all wanted to see nice round white painted steel plates with a dark green background.  Its not what we all got..., we got that "different" that under stress (a timer in this case) caused all of us to work harder than we wanted.

Outstanding!

• Like 1

Definitely a good match.  Stage 5 was really tough for most shooters, lots of rounds sent down range for those 3 steel plates.  It was tough to see the plates and the unstable fence rest didn't help either.

The headshots on stage 3 gave most people fits as they didn't hold high enough on the target to hit the head.

I was very happy with my new toy and shot really well with it.  Finished with 5 target points down for the whole match.

• Like 1