Taking Politicians to the range

I like to follow the gun related bills every session and this is no different.  Yesterday, while watching the votes on HB0011, the absurdity got a little much for me and I had a thought.  "We need a politician range day to educate these people."  I know that it wouldn't do any good as they are still beholden to their party or whatever else that makes them dumb, but man it sure would be nice to show them exactly how wrong they are. 

I might be afraid what I would do if I took some of these idiots to the range. Then again some of them might be smart enough not to attend. In all honesty though, if they people actually went shooting with a responsible level headed person they might see that guns are not so "scary". Give them a .38 and let them pop some cans. Avoid the sensational full auto mag dump that the media likes to show to prove these guns are too violent to allow people a choice to own them.

On my average day I am more worried about a distracted driver killing me that someone with a gun. The odds are far more likely. Just car wrecks do not make a splashy news story unless here are more macabre details. As bad as a shooting is, the media makes every story about a shooting into a Madman on a killing spree. Sometimes when someone shoots someone else, that is the only person they intend to shoot. That is not a rampage, that is a murder. Used to be that those never made national headlines unless they had some bigger connection. Pretty soon drones are going to roam around to video every deer kill so they can report it nationally as a hunter on a anti-nature rampage.

I still believe that the day someone lists their career as "politician" they become a useless leech polluting our system of government for their own benefit.

This is just my opinion but I honestly think that the anti-gun anti - 1st Amendment politicians are just exactly like all of the Hollywood elites. Like the indians use to say White man speak with fork tongue. Well drop the White man and put Politicians and Hollywood elites in it's place. The NRA ran an article a while back that about the Hollywood elites that talk anti gun yet all of them personally own guns. There are some that are Pro gun and will say they are like Gary Sinese, Keanu Reeves and Tom Selleck to name just a few. Keanu Reeves spoke in an interview that he owns several firearms and shoots regularly at local ranges near his home. I think most if not all politicians are exactly the same way but won't admit it because it goes against their party lines or some other rediculous off the wall reason. This is of course like I said ....................JMHO   

Edited by bersaguy
remove 1 name from list
20 minutes ago, DWARREN123 said:

Only if they hold the targets!

I know thats intended as a joke but we shouldn't joke like that.  We should want to educate them and make efforts to bring them closer to our side.  

6 minutes ago, 300winmag said:

That is excellent that this bill totally removes suppressors from the criminal code.  That should treat suppressors no different than any other object instead of as a firearm under state law.

That should be a great comfort during your stay in Leavenworth. ;)

This supposed to be in "Tennessee Hearing Protection Act" thread?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot