New Springfield Heater XD-E

Oh Shoot

Seems weird to me, dropping back to a double/single action hammer pistola, while claiming it's uber "intuitive".

What's more "intuitive" than striker fired, with same trigger pull each time, no need for decocker? And no cocked and locked either.  (edit: wrong, it can be cocked and locked).

Seems sort of like a step backward to moi all in all though, but what do I know, probably sell like hotcakes.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/xde-features

XDE9339BE-Transparent-768x500.png

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

The safety also being the de-cocker is a no go for me. Not that I would buy a small pistol anyway. 

I do like a hammer better than a striker but have and use both. Hammers just hit harder and have had some rounds not fire in striker pistols.

I've got Sigs and I've got Glocks (even an XDM in there somewhere)... I love my 229 Legion, and 3rd gen Smith... LOVE THEM. But I carry a striker fired XDS, I can tell without even holding it that is a nope for me, I hate where Springfield is going with this "Mod 2/grip zone" crap.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nightrunner said:

I like hammers better and have always liked XDs unlike most.

Oh, I dunno about "most". I have three of the original XDs, service, tactical, and subbie. Carried the subbie IWB for a good while before going mostly to pocket carry with a Kahr, so you could say I'm a fan.

I just don't really grok the attraction of this one. Omits the grip safety which many will like,  but going to double/single action just seems retro to me when you already have one of the best striker fired designs around.

- OS

• Like 1

I like a single action trigger pull verses a dart gun (striker fired). I also like double action for carry because if the gun is fired it's intentional and not a accident. I had a S&W 908s that had a smooth DA pull and should have kept it because The hammer was minus the spur and was perfect for a coat pocket. Springfield is big on marketing as there is not much new under the sun

21 hours ago, 1fast4by said:

I've got Sigs and I've got Glocks (even an XDM in there somewhere)... I love my 229 Legion, and 3rd gen Smith... LOVE THEM. But I carry a striker fired XDS, I can tell without even holding it that is a nope for me, I hate where Springfield is going with this "Mod 2/grip zone" crap.

If someone needs a pistol marked where to grip it, they probably don't need to be in possession of a pistol.  Next they'll mark them,  "hold this side up" and "point barrel toward target".

18 hours ago, nightrunner said:

Just seems like the XD is regarded as the red headed stepchild of the striker fired guns.

Do you think it's because they aren’t now, nor have they ever been Springfield’s? Springfield makes quality 1911’s and rifles. The HS2000 made by I.M. Metal in Croatia was plagued with quality problems. Springfield didn’t have a low end line so they became the importer. I.M. Metal became HS Produkt, Springfield brought name recognition to a failing product. The HS2000 that no one wanted became a “Springfield” and all was good in the world. biggrin.gif

Not that there is anything wrong with that, if you can pull it off. But it’s just marketing games. Like Springfield using the name Springfield Armory.

I fondled around on the XDE in Atlanta too.  Have to say at this time the trigger pull on it just did not seem just right.  Lonng DA and if i didn't know better i'd swear it had a longer reset.  I'm not a big striker fan but they had a better trigger pull by far on saturday morning.

I'd consider looking at one to see how the overall weight & balance as well as grip angle and such felt in comparison to the XDs9. But aside form that I doubt that I'd have any further interest in that particular model line.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, 94user said:

Looks like this may be the slimmest DA/SA pistol out there. I'm not aware of a single stack DA/SA . I wanna get my hands on one. I don't like pistols without hammers.

Sig has a few single stacks or at least used to. Of course all the variations of the S&W 3rd gens on the used market.

• Like 1
On 5/23/2017 at 6:14 PM, 94user said:

Looks like this may be the slimmest DA/SA pistol out there. I'm not aware of a single stack DA/SA . I wanna get my hands on one. I don't like pistols without hammers.

Sig P225 and P239 are DA/SA single stacks. I carry a P239, but I am pretty sure it is not as skinny as that XD-E. 

p239.jpg

Edited by dph1980
clarification