State gun dealer licensing??

A link to this story was posted in another thread. I thought it deserved its own thread.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/04/john-boch/springfield-armory-rock-river-arms-trade-opposition-to-illinois-ffl-licensing-scheme-for-carve-out/

Liberals are such idiots. This article....

http://www.chicagonow.com/reflections-chicago-life/2016/05/why-illinois-needs-hb1016-the-gun-dealer-licensing-act-and-what-you-can-do-to-make-sure-we-get-it/

makes a lame azz attempt at explaining why they need this. They claim it will take 20-40% of guns used in crimes (I assume that’s what they mean by “Crimes guns”)

They claim that four local dealers supplied 20% of the guns found at crimes scenes. So I assume their “fix” for the problem is to close those four dealers. Do these morons think for one minute this will stop criminals from getting guns?

They also claim that this won’t cause the price of guns to rise or any gun dealers to go out of business. That's ridiculous. Especially if some of them make legal gun sales that end up at crime scenes.

They claim a lack of oversight because they apparently think that the BATF isn’t doing its job. I do not believe that if their stats are true, the BATF is not investigating and auditing these dealers. The President himself and the Attorney General of the United States are trying to address the murder rate in Chicago; I’m sure that has rolled downhill to the BATF.

What they do not tell us is how many of these guns they recovered were improper or illegal sales; my guess would be very few if any.

If they acknowledge the truth; that people in Chicago (and Memphis, and Miami, and LA, etc.) are shooting each other because of lack of jobs, a poor economy, and a collapse of morals and the family unit, they would have to do something about it. It’s easier to blame guns.

As these poor economic and family conditions expand from the big cities to engulf the smaller towns and rural areas; we will need more guns to protect ourselves.

It’s easy to say “It’s Illinois” or “It’s California”. But the fact is it’s a big problem for us all no matter where we live.

• Like 4