Sig P250-22

BryanP

I picked up one of the P250-22s that CDNN has on special right now. Took it to the range today and split time between that and my MkII 22/45. I was surprised that I was almost as accurate with the Sig as the Ruger*.

The only problem I had was repeated failures to feed, mostly from the same one of the two mags, and only with Federal .22lr. CCI MiniMags worked fine every time. Next time I'll bring along some Remington and whatever else I can find to try, after a thorough clean & lube.  

I've already given in to temptation and ordered the 9mm X-Change kit, which was another $300 + shipping.  I'll be curious t see how it does.  Ammunition sensitivity in a .22 is par for the course, but I've never heard anything bad about the center fire versio.  

And yes, I know, all the cool kids have moved to the P320.  But the price was right, and so far it's an enjoyable range toy if nothing else  

*Let's be clear: almost as accurate is still bad. I'm a mediocre shot, mainly because I can't seem to manage getting to the range much more than quarterly. I'm hoping to better that this year.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree on the Federal .22lr , it sucks in almost all of my semi-auto .22's  ........the Mark II's eat it, but they eat everything.

I don't have the .22 x-change, but I do have the .45acp and the 9mm. They are great. I am a fan of the P250, and the SP2022.

Bought a P320RX for the spouse, she likes it for the range, not so much for carry. She still prefers the S&W M632 for EDC.

Don't wait another 3 months to shoot the 9mm x-change........you'll kick yourself if you do, eh?

• Like 1

I just picked up the 9mm x-change kit for the P250.  I haven't had a chance to get to the range and this weekend isn't going to happen.

I've never had any problems with Federal, but then I just realized, my .22 guns are revolvers, a CZ-452, A Ruger 10/22, and a Ruger Mk II 22/45.  In other words, all guns that will fire pretty much anything.  

• Like 1