tickets in mount juliet

hey everyone got another question for you, i tried googling but couldnt find the answer, about a week ago i was on my way home in someone else car at about 1-2am and got pulled over on my way home in Providence because i turned left at a blinking red arrow which means i ran a stop sign, however because i did not have insurance for the car or knew where the registration was i got hit with three tickets, the no insurance and no registration are cheap to get rid of but i am just wondering where i go to take care of these? the other one i will pay online, but where do i go to take care of the other two?

I would guess the no insurance ticket would be the big one. Those tickets should have court dates and instructions on them how and where to pay.

I thought I just read that Tennessee just passed legislation making driving without insurance a criminal misdemeanor? So it might be a "must appear".

Edited by DaveTN

Did the tickets not have court contact information on them? Every one I've ever seen does.

You will go to the appointed courthouse on the date and time listed to get it taken care of or call the governing body of said jusrisdiction for for what you are supposed to do.

i have no idea what happens when you get  nailed driving a car you are not insured for. 

On 5/1/2017 at 5:41 PM, DaveTN said:

I thought I just read that Tennessee just passed legislation making driving without insurance a criminal misdemeanor? So it might be a "must appear".

Only if at fault for injury crash and don't have insurance. 

12 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I usually just toss them out the window as the officer is about to drive away. For some reason this seems to make him angry.:shrug:

Now, Now you know that aint helping:bowrofl:

• Like 1

The traffic control device citation you should be able to pay ahead of time. When I have to write someone for insurance and registration I'll try to get them to come to court. We have a good judge, and if they can produce registration that was valid as of the date of the stop, or proof that they've gotten the registration, he'll go ahead and dismiss it for us. Same goes with the proof of insurance, but again, you have to show proof that the policy was actually in effect as of the date of the stop. If one can show that, then he'll dismiss that one for us too. If not, you have to pay the fine and that one gets sent in to the state. Out of the three, that is the one I would be most concerned about.

Every citation I've ever had to write has the court date, time and location. If it goes through our city court it has the fine as well. I would get ahold of that jurisdiction about 5 minutes ago and find all that out and stay on top of it. And you need to at least have your friend's registration and insurance available to take to court with you.

We are exempt from having to do this as a municipality, but I always tell people that, as of this year (maybe last year, it's late and I'm tired), if they are cited by county or state for no insurance, it's a $500 fine and the vehicle can be towed. And your license can be suspended over it.

So again, I would get on top of this and stay on top of it for the whole ride until you have documentation that it is settled.

Edited by res308