Any interest in Mil-surps here?

My best friend recently passed away and I have the sad task of liquidating his gun collection for his wife. He was very heavy into Mil-surp rifles and has about 50 of them ranging from about 1900 to about the end of the Korean War. They also come from many different countries. 

Please understand that I'm just beginning the inventory and NOT ready to start selling just yet. In fact, I may make posts here seeking info on some of them. What I want to know is if there is enough interest on this board to post some of them for sale here. Especially some of the more obscure pieces. It would be both quicker and easier for me to sell them in state, face to face rather than having to ship them all over the country. 

So how about it folks? How many would be interested in buying some old military hardware? Any particular ones you're looking for? 

BTW: we are in the memphis area. 

Edited by Grayfox54

I would agree, post them here first. Hopefully you can sell some and avoid the hassle and fees at a gun auction site. Then if no one has interest, you already have pics and info to create those auctions. Though for those of us that are on the other end of the state, don't rule out shipping completely. 

• Like 2

I and and few others here have made it known they are holders of a Type 3 C&R FFL so there will definitely be some interest here.  Like Ronald_55 said don't rule out shippingIf any of the items are in the least bit desirable the receiving party may be willing to cover or share the cost of shipping.  Guns are shipped somewhere every day in this country, it's all good.

Yep, there' s interest here.  I wish i was closer to Memphis.

Please post sales here before using a gun auction site...more likely to get in-state buyers which can make it easier to complete the transaction.

And its nice of you to help out the deceased's family.

Not a lot moving right now; pretty slow really. Everyone wants to trade instead of lowering the cash price. You don't have that option so you will need to have good pricing. Its a buyers market right now.

I refuse to sell out of state. I figure if I have to do that; my price is too high.

Pictures sell guns. If you have good high resolution detailed pictures you will get more interest.

I have a few for sale or trade right now and it really sometimes comical the questions and offers you get.

“The item” and ‘best last price” are scammers; don’t even respond to them.

Good luck with your sales.

Gray, thanks for Helping out the family with no strings attached, providing an Exceptional experience to help them in a tough time, for taking Responsibility when you don't have to and being Optimistic in selling the guns for fmv.

Makes you a HERO in my world.

Please post with pics, even if I don't buy, would love to see his collection!

• Like 1

Well, OK then. :D

The grand plan is to get some tables at the RK GunShow at Jackson in July. But we couldn't afford enough tables or have enough people for even half this stuff. Gotta do something with the rest of it. :rolleyes:

Hopefully, I'll get my stuff together and start posting a few here and on Armslist in the next week or so. Stay tuned. ;)

Mil-surps is where it's at!

Please do give us first crack at what there is.

I will go ahead and tell you right now, If by any chance there is a Smith & Wesson M1917 (.45 ACP revolver) or Victory .38 Special among the collection I might be interested.

Edited by Garufa
45 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Mil-surps is where it's at!

Please do give us first crack at what there is.

I will go ahead and tell you right now, If by any chance there is a Smith & Wesson M1917 (.45 ACP revolver) or Victory .38 Special among the collection I might be interested.

My Dad has a S&W M1917. Great guns.

Op said rifles, but hopefully there might be some wheel guns in there.

Thanks for the enthusiastic responses. I was just hoping to get a feel for how posting some of them here would go.  It looks like this is going to work out just fine. :up:

Please understand that I'm still doing the inventory. There's still one entire gun cabinet I haven't started on yet. :wall: His wife still works and I can only do my thing on the weekends. So this will take time. I do hope to get a few posted within a week or two. Gotta see how it goes. 

We intend to save some of the best stuff for Jackson so we can attract a good crowd. So the first ones posted here will be good, but pretty much ordinary firearms. I will post a full list before the Jackson show. 

Sorry guys, but he wasn't much for wheel guns. There are a few modern Taurus revolvers including a .454 Raging Bull. For the C&R stuff there are only a few Iver Johnson Breaktops, a 1895 Nagant and a rather unusual Japanese Type-26 revolver. However, there is a good assortment of early semi-auto pistols. 

Anyway, stay tuned and be patient. I'll get there as soon as I can. ;)

P.S. :Forgot to mention that there is also a ton of ammo and much of it is hard to find stuff for antique firearms. :D

Edited by Grayfox54

Surplus ammo is a hot item in certain circles. If your friend had a ammo dump I would go through it first. This is usually the biggest and heaviest thing we drag home. If you find any all matching German stuff like lugers, K98's, or Broomhandles hang on to your hat because it's going to be a wild ride. Some of the accessory's go for more than you would think like stocks, Snail drums and the like. The SOS in Louisville, KY is the Hottest place on the planet for this. I have been around this kind of thing for 40 years and grew up with WW2 and Korean veterans that I learned from. I'm sorry about the loss of your best friend and it's noble of you to help his wife with his collection. It's a shame that your friend does not have an heir with his interest.      

11 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Thanks for the enthusiastic responses. I was just hoping to get a feel for how posting some of them here would go.  It looks like this is going to work out just fine. :up:

Please understand that I'm still doing the inventory. There's still one entire gun cabinet I haven't started on yet. :wall: His wife still works and I can only do my thing on the weekends. So this will take time. I do hope to get a few posted within a week or two. Gotta see how it goes. 

We intend to save some of the best stuff for Jackson so we can attract a good crowd. So the first ones posted here will be good, but pretty much ordinary firearms. I will post a full list before the Jackson show. 

Sorry guys, but he wasn't much for wheel guns. There are a few modern Taurus revolvers including a .454 Raging Bull. For the C&R stuff there are only a few Iver Johnson Breaktops, a 1895 Nagant and a rather unusual Japanese Type-26 revolver. However, there is a good assortment of early semi-auto pistols. 

Anyway, stay tuned and be patient. I'll get there as soon as I can. ;)

P.S. :Forgot to mention that there is also a ton of ammo and much of it is hard to find stuff for antique firearms. :D

If you need a hand cataloging and researching, let me know.  I'd be happy to help.  I don't know that I can afford to buy any, but I can take pics and generally be a nuisance.  

Military surplus is always in demand.  Post a few on this board to test the water.  I would tend to ask slightly more than what you think is a good price.  You can always drop the price or ask for offers.

You certainly have MY interest!!!:eek:

I've been looking for a reason to go to Jackson. Looks like the Generals are at home that weekend too!

Now, enough with the teasing......whadda ya got??!?!?

Edited by gregintenn