New toys

Its been quite some time since I had time to fully visit the site and show a few of my spoils. Now, due to the nature of the items I am going to post, please understand that I am broke. But they are well worth it. For the most part.

0mQ9UBo.jpg

XgJ6eT7.jpg

laupbhw.jpg

x9SWt6Q.jpg

q66BNRA.jpg

xswJdG3.jpg

RtlYoLh.jpg

Most of the tools are Snap-on, the wrenches are craftsman, the dewalt and hitli stuff was all free ( one perk of being in charge of ordering tools is getting free sample tools), and the matco set was $100 bucks and I couldnt pass it up.

NOWhaAn.jpg

And then I saw my side charger was lonely, so I built him a new friend. (Not pictured, but the bottom rifle has a new lower and trigger group, so now they both match punisher lowers).

oRodupG.jpg

And lastly, I made the biggest mistake of my life and bought a new car. One of only a handful of crossovers that offered a manual.  Two weeks into owning it, I hit a deer. So, never buying a new car again.

Edited by RC3
Forgot to add a photo
2 hours ago, Camaro_nut2001 said:

WOW!!! I love the tools!! I'm a disabled mechanic of 28yrs and even though I'm unable to turn a wrench I can't turn loose of any of my tools nor my cars.

My tool box is minuscule compared to our shop mechanic. And he is fixing to get a bigger tool box again. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RC3 said:

My tool box is minuscule compared to our shop mechanic. And he is fixing to get a bigger tool box again. 

At least ask for his old one. I lived off hand me downs at one place I worked. It was IT stuff, but premise is the same. 

1 hour ago, Ronald_55 said:

At least ask for his old one. I lived off hand me downs at one place I worked. It was IT stuff, but premise is the same. 

I cant. We are the only two with tools in the shop. He trades his back in. Sometimes, I will get sockets and wretches. But I also get him power tools. So it kinda balances itself out. Getting all those free dewalt tools saved me a couple thousand bucks versus buying all their snap on equivalents.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, RC3 said:

I cant. We are the only two with tools in the shop. He trades his back in. Sometimes, I will get sockets and wretches. But I also get him power tools. So it kinda balances itself out. Getting all those free dewalt tools saved me a couple thousand bucks versus buying all their snap on equivalents.

That sucks. My Dad was a machinist for years and he had to buy all his own tools. I think he retired with 4 rolling toolboxes full. He said he did not mind because the tools the company bought sucked.

I think I have one Snap-On wrench. I think I found it beside the road. Only way I can afford them. Lol

Nothing wrong with Dewalt. Our construction guys use them all the time. 

On 5/7/2017 at 8:21 PM, Ronald_55 said:

That sucks. My Dad was a machinist for years and he had to buy all his own tools. I think he retired with 4 rolling toolboxes full. He said he did not mind because the tools the company bought sucked.

I think I have one Snap-On wrench. I think I found it beside the road. Only way I can afford them. Lol

Nothing wrong with Dewalt. Our construction guys use them all the time. 

We use hilti for 98% of our tools. Dewalt is always trying to get more of our business and I keep shutting then down.  Only downside to hilti is non of their stuff is automotive.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RC3 said:

We use hilti for 98% of our tools. Dewalt is always trying to get more of our business and I keep shutting then down.  Only downside to hilti is non of their stuff is automotive.

Upside we find of Dewalt is that our guys can run by Lowes and buy a new drill or whatever if one dies and they are not close to the office.

18 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Upside we find of Dewalt is that our guys can run by Lowes and buy a new drill or whatever if one dies and they are not close to the office.

I got spares for days. And so far, only had two drills and an impact bite the dust. Concrete breakers and jackhammers on the other hand, I lost count. And the hilti repair service is top notch.