I'm currently looking at a Madsen M47 that's for sale or trade. I know the history on them and everything but can anyone give me some advice on how collectable they are? To my knowledge, they were once shunned by collectors but now are sought after. I'm looking to pick it up as an investment in hopes that it will go up in value. I realize no one has a crystal ball but can anyone give me any insight? What's a good price etc. There are 2 on gun broker for $1200-1400 which I think is wildly optimistic on their part. Thanks everyone!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd expect most c&r guns to appreciate in value. 

The Madsen is interesting as it was in .30US and is very well made.  Not very common, and usually found in excellent condition.

The last couple I saw at shows that sold went for $700 and $800.  Prices on these are climbing.  If it has a bayonet, add $50-100.

Gunbroker is known for high prices.  Mostly because you only pay when it sells.  So you can post something at an absurd price and hope it sells without risk.

Check collector boards.  You might find a better deal.

The one in question has an asking price of $800. Seems to be the going rate from what I've seen the past couple years. First time I saw one for sale, it sold for $700 and that was about 2 years ago. No bayonet unfortunately. I was going to trade my Desert Eagle for it but I hate to get rid of it. I'm a young collector and I hold onto my Mil-Surp guns. I'll sell or trade newer stuff all day. Just want to make the best decision I can here.