FN509

DL126

I don't really know what the street price is gonna be yet.

Shop down the street from where my Son lives, (Co Springs), is selling them for $569.
Gunbroker has several listings for a bit less.

Talking to my LGS guy yesterday.
Didn't ask him how much it would be, just told him what I'd pay difference to trade my PC Shield.
We agreed on a trade figure, but I haven't committed just yet.

Edit = Agreeing on a trade figure and not doing the deal can sometimes be bad manners. But he's a good friend and doesn't have one in stock yet anyway.

Edited by DL126

I put several rounds through one a few weeks ago. I was impressed with it. It would not be my first choice for a striker fired pistol but it handled and shot very well. A very flat shooting gun. 

Update

Found a 509 at a different store yesterday.
Felt really nice in hand.
I liked the size, frame, everything about it was nice.
Then, with the clerk's permission, I snapped it.
I didn't like the trigger.

Then I looked at another pistol that I've been reading about.
A Sig P320 with full length slide on a compact frame.
The modular build style is what drew me to the gun. (Lego's for adults)
And then, again with permission, I snapped it.
Wow, I've never felt a trigger like that on a plastic gun before.
Not as good as my 1911, but nice indeed compared to other plastic guns I've tried.

Brought the Sig home.
I wanna get a full size frame for it.
Hope to get a chance to shoot it some later today.

Thanks for the input folks.

ETA price on the 509 was $529.00.

Edited by DL126
On 5/15/2017 at 10:05 AM, nightrunner said:

If almost anyone that makes striker fired 9mm handguns could make a G19 sized one with 15rd capacity, they would sell all they could make. For some reason no one else can achieve that balance.

FNS-9 is a G19 size slide, with a 17 rd grip. CZ P-10 fits G19 holsters, it's almost identical.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Steelharp said:

FNS-9 is a G19 size slide, with a 17 rd grip. CZ P-10 fits G19 holsters, it's almost identical.

I know I'm not the only one wants a G19 sized pistol made by someone else. And no one is wanting the slide length (4" bbl) of it. That's available from several other manufacturers. The grip length is the magic of the G19, and what is important when talking concealment.

• Like 1