Man! I've got a kid graduating high school tonight.

It only seems like a few days have passed sine we experienced  the helpless feeling of bringing home a brand new human being. No instruction manual, no warranty; nothing.

I guess we must have done something right. He's graduating 15th out of more than 200, made all district on the baseball team, and has an academic scholarship to TN Tech in the fall.

I guess he doesn't need us much anymore.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 11

Yes, my youngest graduated with honors on Saturday lettered in football and is going to tech on an academic/rotc scholarship...maybe we should hook them up...they both seem more driven than I was at that age! And yes just seems like yesterday we brought him home...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I feel your pain, my son is graduating tonight as well, top 5% of 230 students with a GPA of 4.22, my wife moments ago sent out a group text to family members of my sons photo at 3ish yrs old and his HS class formal photo I teared up and told her to knock that crap off..

August will be tough he's going to UAH to become a mechanical engineer

Good luck tonight

• Like 2

Mine is 

3 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I guess he doesn't need us much anymore.

He needs you even more, just not as helicopter parents. Just the transition from high school to college is a huge change in his life.

He needs your wisdom to make good decisions and stay focused on those things he has done to be successful to this point in his life.

Most at 18-19, (or under 30) despite any level of maturity, drive, desire or talent, would not fit the definition of wise. 

The challenge and opportunity is to how be great parents, coaches, mentors and his support system from a remote location.

Phone, text, Facebook, Skype...lots of ways to build your communication network of love!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Johnny Rotten said:

I feel your pain, my son is graduating tonight as well, top 5% of 230 students with a GPA of 4.22, my wife moments ago sent out a group text to family members of my sons photo at 3ish yrs old and his HS class formal photo I teared up and told her to knock that crap off..

August will be tough he's going to UAH to become a mechanical engineer

Good luck tonight

A coworkers daughter is in ME at UAH at the moment. 

2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

IMG_0153_zpsvaw8mxdu.jpg

Here seems to be his main interest lately.:shrug:

I can see why....  :dropjaw:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, peejman said:

A coworkers daughter is in ME at UAH at the moment. 

I can see why....  :dropjaw:

I second that. Lucky guy.  They need to live while they are young (within reason). Too soon you have a mortgage, a job, and kids of your own to figure out. I like to say "They need to do all the wrong stuff with all the right people."  Makes the downhill slide at the other end of life as little rosier.

My oldest graduated from TTU May 6th, Summa Cum Laude and my son graduated in Dec. and walked Wednesday night. He plans to attend community college and then transfer to TTU in Computer Science in two years.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 3