Where went the politics section?

20 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Maybe, but it isn't like folks here couldn't use a bit of a break from the subject. 

HEHEHE...

I hadn't looked at it in months... Political oveload... See somethin intersting; and "Poof"... It's gone... It could be a Soros/Obama/Alinsky hack...

wonderin leroy...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

That might leave some folks out. I'm good to go. Just finished a new toy

I've got a pile of guns, just dunno that there's much new to say about them unless one blows up or something. :)

- OS

• Like 1
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, MacGyver said:

I'll admit that I've kind of enjoyed looking at 'unread content' and seeing a gun board today. 

I guess this is the point where I'm supposed to make a post detailing the hunting rig I'm asemblimg because I've decided that I wanted to start doing that, huh?

• Admin Team
20 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I guess this is the point where I'm supposed to make a post detailing the hunting rig I'm asemblimg because I've decided that I wanted to start doing that, huh?

Do tell, for sure.  Maybe @robtattoo can come along and talk you into some wildcat raygun caliber that will take an elk at a half a mile.

Politics has people stressed, but I wonder if a lot of folks stopped shooting regularly during the ammo shortage and just haven't started getting out again.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Do tell, for sure.  Maybe @robtattoo can come along and talk you into some wildcat raygun caliber that will take an elk at a half a mile.

Politics has people stressed, but I wonder if a lot of folks stopped shooting regularly during the ammo shortage and just haven't started getting out again.

I think the ammo shortage definitely played a part but I think overall interest is down. The classified are a good indicator of just how low demand is right now. It's a great time to buy, horrible time to sell. 

• Moderators
Just now, MacGyver said:

I'll start that thread, and I have to give a nod to robtattoo.  It was his ad for that rifle in that oddball 280 AI that was the catalyst for my desire to go ahead get off my ass and pick up a hunting rifle. I really hope he is able to offload that rifle. 

7 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I think the ammo shortage definitely played a part but I think overall interest is down. ...

Though of course firearm specific related topics are the primary reason for its being, the great thing about TGO was also in being a "one stop" to discuss most aspects of life for us Tennesseans, and in a quite civil fashion compared to many other venues. Obviously state/federal politics beyond mere gun law affects all our lives directly, so that was cool too, and that forum kept the majority of that topical matter in one place, so quite easy to avoid if you weren't interested.

But que sera sera and all that.

- OS

• Like 2

Maybe the gun talk has slowed some because the democrats are no longer in power and some folks feel the pressure is off firearms and civilians. I myself have not been in a market to purchase another gun as I am of a conclusion at present time I have all I need. I do want one more but it is a want and not a need. I want a BersaThunder Plus and if I find a deal on one I might drop a few bucks to get it but not going out of my way to find one............JMHO