Where went the politics section?

18 minutes ago, Someotherguy said:

Extra policing, more rules/laws to protect feelings getting hurt...

Yep, sounds like a great idea...

Count me out...

I'm sure a few folks won't mind me not being a part of their new secret club.. :)

Now that hurt my feelings. I'm going to my safe space :) 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

David and Mac haven't been real fond of the political forum for awhile. Not the first time it has almost been shot dead. I'm ok if it goes away and stays gone. I have plenty to say about guns.

Gone?

It's not gone, it's just been relocated to any thread where the seed can be planted...This is what happens without a political forum, every time..

The terror bombing thread in general discussion is a perfect example of this... ;)

2 minutes ago, Someotherguy said:

Gone?

It's not gone, it's just been relocated to any thread where the seed can be planted...This is what happens without a political forum, every time..

The terror bombing thread in general discussion is a perfect example of this... ;)

I will discuss the rifle and specific load I would use on the terrorist. For that little turd that blew himself up in Manchester, I would use my .458 SOCOM with 300 grain TTSX solids. Get some liver slurry all over the little snowflakes that are cowering in the corner.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I will discuss the rifle and specific load I would use on the terrorist. For that little turd that blew himself up in Manchester, I would use my .458 SOCOM with 300 grain TTSX solids. Get some liver slurry all over the little snowflakes that are cowering in the corner.

This is my kinda thinking on terror related politics...:clap:

Unfortunately, that was not the political seed that was planted in the thread in question...

16 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

i think the little turd made his own liver extra slurry, no Socom required.

27 minutes ago, Someotherguy said:

Gone?

I've got a feeling pushing the envelope really isn't a good idea right now.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 4
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Garufa said:

I've got a feeling pushing the envelope really isn't a good idea right now.

That's my read of the situation as well. It makes me a little sad too because I had a meme for the political funnies thread that is sooooo good. :lol::lol: 

• Like 2

Personally I think the Hive should come back. This is America and its going through some turbulent times. We aren't being well represented by the political class and aren't being fed reality by the media. 

The pulse of the people is how one should judge the state of things. Censorship is merely a tool used by those wishing to control the conversation, for their purpose. Not saying that is going on here but I think we are/were extremely reserved as it is. Reality is a bitter pill at times, no need to sugar coat it.

If we have members that are truly offended by our conversations, well, that says a lot about their character to me. If they don't have the self control to stay out of threads they don't want to be a part of, perhaps responsible firearm ownership isn't in their skill set either. 

Like it or not, firearms and politics are tied together, if we don't keep it alive we are helping to suppress reality. 

This is my .02 and I certainly don't expect to sway anyone, just wanted to add my opinion. 

As you were!

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Ugly said:

Personally I think the Hive should come back. This is America and its going through some turbulent times. We aren't being well represented by the political class and aren't being fed reality by the media. 

The pulse of the people is how one should judge the state of things. Censorship is merely a tool used by those wishing to control the conversation, for their purpose. Not saying that is going on here but I think we are/were extremely reserved as it is. Reality is a bitter pill at times, no need to sugar coat it.

If we have members that are truly offended by our conversations, well, that says a lot about their character to me. If they don't have the self control to stay out of threads they don't want to be a part of, perhaps responsible firearm ownership isn't in their skill set either. 

Like it or not, firearms and politics are tied together, if we don't keep it alive we are helping to suppress reality. 

This is my .02 and I certainly don't expect to sway anyone, just wanted to add my opinion. 

As you were!

I'm not sure we were accomplishing those things. In today's society, you get to believe what you want to believe, and can always find plenty of support. Very little honest debate going on these days. More like a cage full of monkeys throwing their own poop at each other.

The reality... nothing really changes. I'm just glad ammo prices are down. 

• Like 7
23 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I'm not sure we were accomplishing those things. In today's society, you get to believe what you want to believe, and can always find plenty of support. Very little honest debate going on these days. More like a cage full of monkeys throwing their own poop at each other.

The reality... nothing really changes. I'm just glad ammo prices are down. 

It is most scary I think, that one can find "data" to validate whatever stupidity we choose to believe.

• Like 2
  • Administrator

Guess what, guys.  You can talk Second Amendment issues, even political ones, in the forum set aside for it!  And I do mean Second Amendment related.  If it's more than one-degree of separation from a Second Amendment issue, I don't want to see it - so don't try to stretch the boundaries.

Make good choices! :)

• Like 1