Where went the politics section?

• Administrator

NOW is the time to buy, buy, buy.  Buy guns.  Buy ammo.  Buy suppressors!  Buy cheap, stack them deep.

Anyone who comes back in 4 or 8 years (depending on circumstances) and cries about how the tide shifted the other direction and how expensive (or forbidden) certain firearms are, will get nothing but a mocking from me. :)

• Like 7
35 minutes ago, TGO David said:

NOW is the time to buy, buy, buy.  Buy guns.  Buy ammo.  Buy suppressors!  Buy cheap, stack them deep.

Anyone who comes back in 4 or 8 years (depending on circumstances) and cries about how the tide shifted the other direction and how expensive (or forbidden) certain firearms are, will get nothing but a mocking from me. :)

Safe is full. Got a few under the bed.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Oh no. Woman is armed too, and will dump an entire mag into me if I buy another safe. She is thinking fewer guns. She thinks eight AR-15's is excessive.

Ask her how many pairs of shoes she has.. I'll be happy when I reach 3 AR's. I plan to get 1 more while they are so cheap.

3 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Oh no. Woman is armed too, and will dump an entire mag into me if I buy another safe. She is thinking fewer guns. She thinks eight AR-15's is excessive.

Tell her when the zombies come, she will be glad you prepared.

• Like 1
Just now, Erik88 said:

Ask her how many pairs of shoes she has.. I'll be happy when I reach 3 AR's. I plan to get 1 more while they are so cheap.

Unfortunately, mine aren't cheap, except for my truck gun. Yeah, she has 8 million shoes

1 minute ago, mikegideon said:

Unfortunately, mine aren't cheap, except for my truck gun. Yeah, she has 8 million shoes

That is why you build it like Johnny Cash. Get one piece at a time. Call it a spare part.

Edited by Ronald_55
2 hours ago, TGO David said:

This should explain it.

I agree it was getting out of hand and I realize I wasn't exactly staying clear of those debates. I can't help but wonder if it was really the divisiveness that was turning people off or the fact that they don't like message. I had a member send me a nasty-gram via text message simply because of my avatar. I don't recall anyone getting offended during the 8 years we all lambasted Obama. 

Anyways, it's probably for the best. I've lost enough friends.

Are we allowed to discuss the recent terrorist attack assuming it doesn't get off subject?

4 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I agree it was getting out of hand and I realize I wasn't exactly staying clear of those debates. I can't help but wonder if it was really the divisiveness that was turning people off or the fact that they don't like message. I had a member send me a nasty-gram via text message simply because of my avatar. I don't recall anyone getting offended during the 8 years we all lambasted Obama. 

Anyways, it's probably for the best. I've lost enough friends.

Are we allowed to discuss the recent terrorist attack assuming it doesn't get off subject?

You gotta admit that's one ugly ass avatar. :)  AFIK, I only lost one friend. I reckon he wasn't much of a friend to begin with. 

• Like 1

I think if we can't discuss politics here, I ask where would be left that makes it feel like a real discussion?  Coming here to debate these issues was always enjoyable for me because the collective intellect of TGO is much higher than the population at large, and we certainly care more about the results of elections.

I hope politics can come back, even if only a benefactors only sub-forum.  Hell, that may be the best way to put an initial layer of QC on it.  For my money, a place to have real debates is worth the price of admission, even if it does go off the rails from time to time.

2 hours ago, Raoul said:

What ammo shortage?

No kidding.  In my recent move, I had to self-haul my ammo along with my guns separate from the rest of normal household goods that movers took care of.  I got quite a decent workout in, and the word shortage never entered my mind.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 3
9 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I'll be happy when I reach 3 AR's. I plan to get 1 more while they are so cheap.

That will cover you Monday - Wednesday, what are you going to do the rest of the week?

• Like 1