Walther PPQ (M1/M2/M2 Navy SD) vs Glock 19 Gen 4 for EDC

• Moderators

I officially have a very annoying itch to purchase one of the PPQ's. Now, my first carry gun was a CZ P-O1, that progressed to a Glock 19 and I haven't truly been away from a Glock since. I briefly owned an HK VP9 and loved the ergonomics and shot it quite well, but old it and kept the 19.

Mainly looking to see opinions from everyone here. I see the Navy SD version can be purchased for about the same price of a Glock 19:

https://www.gunbuyer.com/walther-ppq-m2-9mm-navy-4-6-barrel-15-round-black-2796082-wal2796082-gb.html

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Moderators
35 minutes ago, shotgunshooter said:

19 all day. Why get a new gun if you're satisfied with the Glock?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Had I never tried a Glock 19 I would have still been on a CZ P-01. Not a bad choice by any means but for cost of magazines, accessories coupled with a more simplistic design, I am glad I switched to Glocks! Now, if the PPQ has a better trigger, better ergonomics, and I shoot it as well or better than a Glock, as long as it can be seen as reliable (I think it can) and I am ok with the switch then why not?

3 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I'm a huge Glock fan but it's impossible to deny the PPQ has better ergonomics and a superior trigger. 

Both options are great. Pick the one you like better.

Would love to find someone on TGO in Cleveland with a PPQ. I'd love to shoot one before buying it!

I'd recommend the PPQ Model 1 or 2. I have M2s in both 9mm and 45. Because initially I could not find a M1 Navy version.

I'm happy with both, and will probably someday pick up a Navy model as well.

The M2 9mm is fantastic. Trigger is perfection. Reset is very tangible and audible. And very easy to get succeeding shots off if you like holding at the reset point. The M2 in 45 is very nice as well, but has a bit more muzzle flip than I had expected from it.

I still have a couple Glocks, in fact took out my 19 last week. But of the two, I'd have to say I prefer the PPQ.

jmo 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

I have a PPQ M1 in 40 S&W. It's found a permanent home for several yrs, now. As stated above, the trigger is off the chart.

Owned a Glock 22 & carried one on duty. Not a fan. nuff said.

Took my permit class, many years ago, with a Sig 226 in 40. I liked it, but just didn't love it.

After the class, I retired the 40 and went to a 9 almost exclusively. Had a G22 for a while, trade it for a 23. Then sold the 23. I just didn't like the 40.

Then somehow, I acquired a G24 and found I sort of liked the 40 again. That...and your comments about the PPQ in 40 have me wondering.

Maybe someday... a PPQ in 40? Hmmm.

• Like 1

I have an M2 PPQ 9mm and have had multiple 19's. Like everyone else has said, I've yet to feel a better trigger from the factory than the PPQ. Having said that, I carry my 19 more than anything else. PPQ has been a range gun only for a couple years now. I interchanged my PPQ and VP9 for a while but still kept going back to the 19 for carry/all purpose gun. 

• Like 1