Tennessee shops that speak "milsurp"?

I have thinned down my collection a good bit but have an affinity for SKS/AK stuff. I got out of my Mosin collecting--I only have a couple of K98s as far as bolt actions go. 

I am always looking for factory stocks/mags, especially in the SKS realm.

I dont like aftermarket stuff and when I run across a deal on a "tacticool" SKS I try to rescue it. 

I looked high and low for a factory SKS stock before finally running across a Russian stock at a pawnshop in Nashville. I travel a lot and would like to know of any good local shops where you can find the "good stuff". 

• Like 1

they do have a lot of parts. I've got tons of small parts/bolts/firing pins/etc. 

There is one small country store (Mitchell's I believe) about 10 miles outside of Jackson that has smelly old leather slings, canvas pouches and misc milsurp stuff on sale and on display. I did pick up two old beater chinese SKS stocks there for a reasonably price. But they were really rough. They have a few guns but mainly old "gun stuff". My kind of place. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a good week so far in Arkansas...scored a few .50 cal ammo cans for $9 each like new. Found a local shop this morning with 440rd tins of Russian 7.62x54r on sale for $127 each. I told them I'd buy two if I got a discount. Got two tins for $251 OTD. Gotta keep the VEPR fed. 

I've got an eye on a Chinese Paratroop SKS....can't make up my mind if I want to bring it home or not.

Almost forgot....Academy Sports over here has got Federal .22LR 525rd boxes for $23. That is stupid cheap for .22LR. I bought three boxes. They also had .22Mag for $12 per box. Got a few of those as well. 

About to wrap up my trip...picked up the laminate Chinese Paratrooper today...I don't have a slot for it so I am going to have move one of it's sisters. Local shop has got some AKs I'll probably take my extra and trade it on another AK. 

I'm happy about the Para...rarely rarely do you ever see a Chinese Laminate SKS stock. 99% of the laminate stocks are Russian. 

Here's a quick pic or two:

IMG_1450.JPG

IMG_1448.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped in a few shops between Tennessee and Florida. Sold an SKS and found a good price on a GP WASR. 

Looked at a beat up M48 Mauser at a pawn shop in Dickson. $699. What?? 

Back in Jackson this afternoon I found another decent priced GP WASR with a trunnion date of my birth year. Of course I did lol. 

It came with a Yugoslav BHO magazine. 

Very happy with good finds as of late. 

• 1 month later...

A pretty cool shop here in Cookeville just opened up. The Bunker Militaria. You can check out their website and get a flavor. I would describe it as higher end stuff. And they don't have any Finn rifles (my prime area of interest) or seem to know much about those. But they are cool guys and have some neat stuff. Check em out if you are passing through.

And I have toyed with trying to pick up a k31 myself. I hear great things...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TNBuckeye said:

A pretty cool shop here in Cookeville just opened up. The Bunker Militaria. You can check out their website and get a flavor. I would describe it as higher end stuff. And they don't have any Finn rifles (my prime area of interest) or seem to know much about those. But they are cool guys and have some neat stuff. Check em out if you are passing through.

And I have toyed with trying to pick up a k31 myself. I hear great things...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's good to know....putting it on my "must stop in" list. 

Have you ever been in Classic Arms in Memphis (Cordova area)? They have a lot of older guns...many high end ones too, but they always have some milsurp stuff. Sometimes they have quite a few milsurps, and other times maybe just a handful, but they are worth a look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, LCPfraTN said:

Have you ever been in Classic Arms in Memphis (Cordova area)? They have a lot of older guns...many high end ones too, but they always have some milsurp stuff. Sometimes they have quite a few milsurps, and other times maybe just a handful, but they are worth a look.

I've not been there yet....thank you ...I will put it on my list!

I will pop in one of these days as well. Thanks for the tip!

I could add one more. They usually have a variety of milsurps in, and have a TON of newer items. In my experience their pricing is high, sometimes very/too high, but they are willing to trade occasionally as well. Check out Franklin Gun Shop, south of Nashville if you haven't already.