Loading magazines

I am noticing as I have gotten older I find it gettng harder for me to load magazines at the range. Fingers don't work as well as they use to. I know I have heard of a tool that makes it easier to assist in loading magazines, especially double stacks. Can someone recomend any of them and which ones are best and where they can be bought. I have line on a Bersa Thunder Plus that I will probably buy so it will be even more vital I find one of these tools. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bersaguy

I have a Maglula Uplula that works great on Glock and Beretta 9mm mags. It's rated for 9mm to .4ACP. I don't know if it would work on .380ACP or not.

http://www.maglula.com/product/uplula-9mm-to-45acp/

I also have their AR-15 mag loader and it works well with Magpul PMags.

http://www.maglula.com/product/m-16-ar-15-lula-5-56-223/

You can buy their products online at pretty much any of the larger on-line gun or parts shop like PrimaryArms.Com, Brownell's, and Midway. They're also available on Amazon and some sites you might not expect like NewEgg.com. Some local shops also carry them. I think I've seen them at Academy before. Prices vary a little, but expect to pay about $30'ish.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1

+1 on the Maglula Uplula. If I know I'm heading to the range I'll load everything up beforehand so I'm not clicking time while in the range. I normally go to a place that's by the hour. I'll dump 10 magazines then reload. Saves my thumbs on harder mag followers. 

Like monkey said price won't change more than a few on either side of $30 anywhere. Well worth it. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, jhc77 said:

+1 on the Maglula Uplula. If I know I'm heading to the range I'll load everything up beforehand so I'm not clicking time while in the range. I normally go to a place that's by the hour. I'll dump 10 magazines then reload. Saves my thumbs on harder mag followers. 

Like monkey said price won't change more than a few on either side of $30 anywhere. Well worth it. 

Wel I don't have 10 mags to load so a speed loader would help me and save my thumbs for sure. I have been looking on line and it looks like I will be buying the Maglula Uplula when I find one that does the Bersa 380 double stacks.

11 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I agree on the Uplula. It's all I use. It may not like some 380 mags

That is the issue I am running into. Finding one for a Bersa double stack Magazine. I have found a single stack but no doubles yet.

"The UpLULA™ is a military-grade, pocket-size, universal pistol magazine loader and unloader designed to load and unload virtually all*  9mm Luger up to .45ACP single and double stack magazines of all manufacturers. It also loads most .380ACP single and double-stack mags, and 1911’s mags. "

".380Beretta 84 Cheetah - Loads & unloads well !

.380Bersa Thunder Double Stack - Loads & unloads well !"

- OS

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought I posted to this but I did purchase one at Sumner Gun and  Supply about 2 weeks ago and I love it. I like to empty my magazines at least once a month to get the mag springs some rest and let them remain unloaded over night. I know that topic has been covered and it is an option for all anglers to decide to do. I tried one on my double stack Bersa 85 and man I wish I would have bought one of these years ago. They are the cats meow. It works on my single stack mags also but I didn't have as much problem with them as I did the doubles..............:cheers:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I thought I posted to this but I did purchase one at Sumner Gun and  Supply about 2 weeks ago and I love it. ...

Odd, as you did post it, I remember reading it.  Maybe some recent posts got lost in shuffle with David tweaking site or something.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Odd, as you did post it, I remember reading it.  Maybe some recent posts got lost in shuffle with David tweaking site or something.

- OS

I thought I remembered posting to it because Ronnie..55 asked me to let him know how I liked it and I said in the post that soon as I got to try I would post something and I posted I liked it a lot.

Thanks OS, glad to know I'm not loosing my mind at least not all of it........:clap:

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2017 at 3:47 PM, Oh Shoot said:

"The UpLULA™ is a military-grade, pocket-size, universal pistol magazine loader and unloader designed to load and unload virtually all*  9mm Luger up to .45ACP single and double stack magazines of all manufacturers. It also loads most .380ACP single and double-stack mags, and 1911’s mags. "

".380Beretta 84 Cheetah - Loads & unloads well !

.380Bersa Thunder Double Stack - Loads & unloads well !"

- OS

Add one more part to this good description.  There is a single stack adapter for the double stack maglula:  "Butler Creek "Maglula 1911 loader Insert For The UpLULA & 22UpLULA - 1911AI".  It works well on Sig P938 and HiPoint singles.  Saves hands with arthritis.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maglula-1911AI-Aligner-Insert-for-UpLULA-22UpLULA-Pistol-Mag-Loaders-UP65G-/361988041355?epid=1825217683&hash=item54482b2a8b:g:AhQAAOSwjL5ZJFPM

• Like 1