Home-Defense Shotgun Condition

Guest Linoge

What condition is your home-defense shotgun in (and why)?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. What condition is your home-defense shotgun in (and why)?

• Round in the chamber, safety on.
    • Round in the chamber, safety off.
    • Empty chamber, safety on.
    • Empty chamber, safety off.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round in the chamber, safety on. An intruder doesn't get the benefit of hearing a racking shotgun, if he's got good hearing he might hear the safety being turned off. If not, well, he'll hear the report.

+1

My thoughts exactly. :up:

Guest witchdr

tri star cobra full tube chambered right next to my head.Not usually needed as my wolf dog lets me know if anyone is around and her howl pretty much scares off anybody who doesn't know her

Thanks for the input, everyone :shrug:. Somehow or another, a Remington 870 Express Synthetic 7-Rounder followed me home last night, so I am going to have to start doing some planning/practicing. Unfortunately, CCA was out of shells at the time, so those have not arrived in the mail yet... Seems everything is coming up in short supply these days.

...a Remington 870 Express Synthetic 7-Rounder ...

Awesome firepower in a top performer...yer ready for zombies, now.

Holler at me sometime and we'll go up Norris and shoot some stuff, haven't shot mine in a while...

It's cool to put a few slugs on target at CCA, but more fun to shoot STUFF with 00 and slugs outside. :shrug:

- OS

Thanks for the input, everyone :D. Somehow or another, a Remington 870 Express Synthetic 7-Rounder followed me home last night, so I am going to have to start doing some planning/practicing. Unfortunately, CCA was out of shells at the time, so those have not arrived in the mail yet... Seems everything is coming up in short supply these days.

Good choice man! Get ya a side saddle and a sling and you're ready for the invasion!

Upstairs Mod. '97, full tube, hammer down on empty chamber. 00B. The bayonet might be overkill, but what the he11.

Downstairs, M500, 8 00B down and 1 up, safed, with slugs in a stock pouch.

Also downstairs, hammer coach gun, hammers down on buck-n-ball, no safety.

M1 carbines in a couple of handy spots as well, full mag, empty chamber.

No sling yet (and probably not ever... I am a klutz enough without that catching on everything), but the side saddle is already installed and the Knoxx stock is in the mail. Good stuff...

7 in the tube, empty chamber for me... safety off. No real reason except that I have a pistol ready to go at all times, so the necessity to rack the gun (it's a semi-auto) is not a concern. Rifle is the same way... full mag inserted, empty chamber, safety off.

I have an automatic shotgun. the reason I do so is because I don't have to worry about racking the pump in order to change a round..I don't want to give a burglar or intruder any advance notice that he's about to have a permanent out of body experience.

:usa:

I don't have any children so I know it'll be right where I put it, in the condition I put it. My wife knows the same..

Ivy, TDR just posted a nice Mossy in the classifieds. Vent rib barrel, but for $225, I could live with an 18" vent rib :usa:

Thought about it myself, but I just asked Tom at The Gun Depot to see if he can find me another Norchester riot gun.

Oh, definitely need another shotgun. Especially a mean-looking one with a heat-shield and bayonet lug. Heck, if the price is right, I'll take two - if he can find 'em.

I'm filling out an order form right now for a couple more CMP carbines. It'll go in the mail next time we hit a port with mail services. Hadn't intended to buy any more, but with the O wanting to ban 'em permanently, figured it'd be a better investment than silver dollars. Sure wish I were home for gunshows.