Vintage Gun Photos

I had to do a bit of research on this one. Apparently just before Pearl Harbor there was a movement to create a 49th state out of the very North peice of California and the south edge of Oregon. From a web site "A ‘Citizen’s Committee’, armed with hunting rifles, occupied a stretch of U.S. Route 99, handing out pamphlets proclaiming Jefferson’s ‘independence’. The mainly good-natured incident – the rebels promised to “secede every Thursday until further notice” – was recorded by the main newsreel companies. But the light-hearted item lingered long enough in transit and in cutting rooms to be pushed off the news agenda by Pearl Harbor." The reason for the state was they thought the urban areas had too much say in Washington.

A new movement started a few years ago to try again for the same reasons.

This link tells both stories. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_(proposed_Pacific_state)

LostStateOfJefferson.jpg

• Like 1

Since I live in the Lost State of Franklin, I have read a lot about it and I think they just wanted to form the 14th state. I don't think it was a urban/rural problem back then.

Does sound familiar though.

• Like 1
On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:12 PM, Jeb48 said:

I had to do a bit of research on this one. Apparently just before Pearl Harbor there was a movement to create a 49th state out of the very North peice of California and the south edge of Oregon. From a web site "A ‘Citizen’s Committee’, armed with hunting rifles, occupied a stretch of U.S. Route 99, handing out pamphlets proclaiming Jefferson’s ‘independence’. The mainly good-natured incident – the rebels promised to “secede every Thursday until further notice” – was recorded by the main newsreel companies. But the light-hearted item lingered long enough in transit and in cutting rooms to be pushed off the news agenda by Pearl Harbor." The reason for the state was they thought the urban areas had too much say in Washington.

A new movement started a few years ago to try again for the same reasons.

This link tells both stories. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_(proposed_Pacific_state)

LostStateOfJefferson.jpg

Gosh!!!!  It's been a long time since I saw an original 1939 Ford Coupe that was not all chopped up and made into a Hot Rod!!!!!!! A lot of folks had trouble telling them from the 1939 and 1940 Willy's Coupes. I owned a 1939  Ford Coupe for a short time back when I was a kid. Had a 1953 Mercury Flat head 8 Motor, 3 deuces and 3/4 cam and it was fast till I took it off road one night and rolled it about 5 times. 

This is my Grandfather in 1952 Korea. He was a M.P at a p.o.w camp. I thought this was a good place to share these. What's he holding in the second  pic?
R.I.P ESKO BARNARD  
20170812_205123.thumb.jpg.ea927081065a1f5e4fb4eaf1cd0dc23c.jpg
20170812_204901.thumb.jpg.ade897d49499c7d023cdac8d23fc96f0.jpg

That first picture certainly brings back a lot of memories for me. I was a squad leader of a 60mm mortar squad for most of my first year and a half in the Marine Corps during the late 70s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, Jeb48 said:

Another caption needed. First thought was the family of the bride.

WeddingParty.png

Little sister's older brothers......

Does the guy sitting on top with English riding boots have on a bullet proof vest?

Edited by Ronald_55