Vintage Gun Photos

6 hours ago, gary_boom said:

I don't see how that could possibly work. But I would like to have one.

IIRC there are controls that work the tracks when you turn the handle bars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SdKfz_2

Steering the Kettenkrad was accomplished by turning the handlebars: Up to a certain point, only the front wheel would steer the vehicle. A motion of the handlebars beyond that point would engage the track brakes to help make turns sharper. It was also possible to run the vehicle without the front wheel installed and this was recommended in extreme off-road conditions where speed would be kept low

On 9/10/2017 at 1:46 AM, gary_boom said:

I don't see how that could possibly work. But I would like to have one.

I'd feel a lot safer in rush hour traffic. 

10 hours ago, Patrick Henry said:

I believe those were called punt guns.  A market hunter, in a small boat with the "shotgun" muzzle resting in the bow of the boat, would float up towards a flock of water fowl floating on the water and kill many with one shot. 

Yep, punt guns. 

i-2XDXcCB-L.jpg

2 hours ago, peejman said:

Israeli FAL's typically had wood furniture. Could be Western Europe or South America. Interesting that they appear to be wearing the same clothes (uniform) but there's no insignia. 

Or South Africa, Rhodesia. IDF is probably the likely guess since they used anything they could get their hands on. Also check the RPD.

22 minutes ago, gjohnsoniv said:

Or South Africa, Rhodesia. IDF is probably the likely guess since they used anything they could get their hands on. Also check the RPD.

They could be members of the Christian Kataeb party during the Lebanese Civil War.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gjohnsoniv said:

I thought the rifles were too pretty to be Rhodies.  I wasn't sure what the the machine gun was.