Vintage Gun Photos

On 12/26/2017 at 8:55 PM, Jeb48 said:

British Army railroad vehicles/trollies with machine-guns landed from the S.S. Dorsetshire in Palestine - circa 1936

British-Army-railroad-vehicles_trollies-with-machine-guns-landed-from-the-S.S.-Dorsetshire-in-Palestine---circa-1936.jpg

So why the spare, not like you gona wear out one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I still sometimes think I need a Luger but don't know why. My Dad brought a silver plated one back from WW-2, supposedly an officers gun. He sold it when I was still pretty young and I know who has it. He doesn't want to sell it back but it may become available at some point since his kids don't have much interest in his collection and he is around 90.

Luger.jpg

Edited by Jeb48
45 minutes ago, Jeb48 said:

I still sometimes think I need a Luger but don't know why. My Dad brought a silver plated one back from WW-2, supposedly an officers gun. He sold it when I was still pretty young and I know who has it. He doesn't want to sell it back but it may become available at some point since his kids don't have much interest in his collection and he is around 90.

Luger.jpg

I understand that. I've sort of always wanted a Luger myself. But when I look at them, I realize I just really don't like the feel and the toggle charger. Just me, I know, because hundreds of thousands of people seem to either have one, or be looking for one.

Almost bought one at the last TCMA show I went to, but that was several years back.

Another in the "I want category" is a Chinese "Red 9" Mauser. I see myself doing this before a Luger.

I didn't know that they had women snipers in WW-2 but here are a few, all Russian, did other armies have women snipers in WW-2.

The first one is two Soviet snipers from the Red Army's 25th Rifle Division. The one on the left is Ludmila Pavlichenko a Ukrainian Soviet sniper. Credited with 309 kills, she is regarded as the most successful female sniper in history.

Second is two more Russian snipers.

Third is In early 1941, Lyudmila Pavlichenko again

Forth is Nina Lobkovskaya, Red Army Sniper

Have a Happy New Year All You All

Soviet snipers from the Red Army's 25th Rifle Division. The one on the left is Ludmila Pavlichenko a Ukrainian Soviet sniper. Credited with 309 kills, she is regarded as the most successful female sniper in history.jpg

Russian girl snipers.jpg

In early 1941, Lyudmila Pavlichenko was the worlds deadliest female sniper.jpg

Nina Lobkovskaya, Red Army Sniper.jpg

13 minutes ago, Jeb48 said:

I didn't know that they had women snipers in WW-2 but here are a few, all Russian, did other armies have women snipers in WW-2.

The first one is two Soviet snipers from the Red Army's 25th Rifle Division. The one on the left is Ludmila Pavlichenko a Ukrainian Soviet sniper. Credited with 309 kills, she is regarded as the most successful female sniper in history.

Soviet snipers from the Red Army's 25th Rifle Division. The one on the left is Ludmila Pavlichenko a Ukrainian Soviet sniper. Credited with 309 kills, she is regarded as the most successful female sniper in history.jpg

Russian girl snipers.jpg

Nina Lobkovskaya, Red Army Sniper.jpg

Women where a huge part of the USSR military forces during WWII and their snipers achieved great success.

36 minutes ago, Jeb48 said:

Always enjoy the Lyudmila stories and here is more from page 2 of this thread