Vintage Gun Photos

If that is the .22 short revolver you showed me, I guess I would pass on the long version. Not sure I would want to shoot it. They would have to improve the quality to get it up to Saturday night special.

3 minutes ago, Jeb48 said:

If that is the .22 short revolver you showed me, I guess I would pass on the long version. Not sure I would want to shoot it. They would have to improve the quality to get it up to Saturday night special.

Right you are, but it is a fun little thing. Barrel wobble and all.it would make a good trap line gun. .22 Short would be good enough for that. 

3 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Right you are, but it is a fun little thing. Barrel wobble and all.it would make a good trap line gun. .22 Short would be good enough for that. 

I've got one too. And the barrel on mine wobbles. Hard to hit a milk just at 10 ft.

My grandmother gave it to me when I was about 12. My step grandfather gave it to her and she kept it under her pillow. 

16 minutes ago, seez52 said:

I've got one too. And the barrel on mine wobbles. Hard to hit a milk just at 10 ft.

My grandmother gave it to me when I was about 12. My step grandfather gave it to her and she kept it under her pillow. 

They definitely are not prime self defense weapons and I have mine more for novelty. Despite quality issues, there are a bunch of them around because huge amounts were made.  They filled a niche as a glove box, tackle box, and "throw away" gun. I don't think anyone expected a S&W equal at that price though. Mine has gone bang at every trigger pull though. 

Worked for a company 20+ years ago that made a similar pistol. They had stopped making them some years before I worked there but there were some odds and ends around. I think they were 7 shot and 22lr. Everything but the barrel and cylinder were made of powdered metal. Looking back in their old records many were sold to hardware stores and pawn shops. Some for as little as $5 wholesale. Often they were shipped 50 or more at a time. 

1 hour ago, seez52 said:

Worked for a company 20+ years ago that made a similar pistol. They had stopped making them some years before I worked there but there were some odds and ends around. I think they were 7 shot and 22lr. Everything but the barrel and cylinder were made of powdered metal. Looking back in their old records many were sold to hardware stores and pawn shops. Some for as little as $5 wholesale. Often they were shipped 50 or more at a time. 

Powdered metal as in powder coated or as in compressed powder sorta like sawdust board, but with metal?

On 7/13/2018 at 7:41 PM, Ronald_55 said:

Powdered metal as in powder coated or as in compressed powder sorta like sawdust board, but with metal?

yep, It's called sintered metal. Basically metal powder is poured into a mold then under high pressure it forms the parts.

9 hours ago, seez52 said:

yep, It's called sintered metal. Basically metal powder is poured into a mold then under high pressure it forms the parts.

Similar to MIM - Metal Injection Molded  and common metallic sintered brake pads.  Lots of stuff is made that way. 

8 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Wonder what cheap sob came up with that . Lol

The guy who got tired of throwing away all those metal chips from machining and figured out a way to make money using them.

Its a good product when used in the proper application. It's kinda like concrete.... Tensile strength isn't great, but works quite well in compression.