Vintage Gun Photos

On 1/13/2019 at 11:14 PM, hipower said:

Is it just me, or does that look like a transplanted bed on that truck? The cab puts me in mind of an old Dodge truck.

It is  Willys FC. The FC stands for Forward Control. From the angle and people blocking the sides of the truck I can't tell if it is a FC150 or FC170. The visual difference is bed size/style and wheelbase. The 170 had a 6cyl the 150 a 4cyl and the 170 was rated for heavier loads. I use to own a 170, they are interesting trucks, they predate Ford and Dodge forward control vans by several years. They were introduced 1956-57.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_Forward_Control

From that angle it does look a lot like a standard Willys Pickup but I think I'm right here is a picture of the one I had.

58FC-170_Logs.JPG

Edited by Jeb48
Resize image
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

It is  Willys FC. The FC stands for Forward Control. From the angle and people blocking the sides of the truck I can't tell if it is a FC150 or FC170. The visual difference is bed size/style and wheelbase. The 170 had a 6cyl the 150 a 4cyl and the 170 was rated for heavier loads. I use to own a 170, they are interesting trucks, they predate Ford and Dodge forward control vans by several years. They were introduced 1956-57.

From that angle it does look a lot like a standard Willys Pickup but I think I'm right here is a picture of the one I had.

58FC-170_Logs.JPG

The rear window might be the clincher in that. Yours does look closer.

7 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

58FC-170_Logs.JPG

Sweet. I like it. Alas, too late for me. lol

On 1/14/2019 at 5:45 AM, Jeb48 said:

58FC-170_Logs.JPG

Did you see the FC concept vehicle that they made a few years back.  They've done a few now but this one, I think was the closest to what a production vehicle would actually look like.  

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/jeep-mighty-fc-concept-first-drive-review

I missed that concept FC vehicle. Very neat but I agree with the comments, safety rules would make it impossible to go into production.

I have owned a couple of forward control trucks Ford and Willys and I loved the feeling of sitting with my knees in front of the engine and being the first around a corner very good visibility, scary at first.  Very maneuverable and compact. You knew you were going to be the first to arrive at any crash. If you put about 1000 pounds in the back it would practically climb a wall in low range. My FC 170 was around 15 feet long but had a 9 foot bed. The FC 150 was 3 feet shorter with a 6 foot bed. You actually had space in front of the engine in the cab. Was a pain to do any serious work on.

• Like 1

I thing this may be one of my friends up North

or

A Finnish soldiers keeps an eye on the front line during the Continuation War against the Soviet Union, 1942

A Finnish soldiers keeps an eye on the front line during the Continuation War against the Soviet Union, 1942.jpeg

Edited by Jeb48
1 hour ago, Jeb48 said:

I thing this may be one of my friends up North

or

A Finnish soldiers keeps an eye on the front line during the Continuation War against the Soviet Union, 1942

A Finnish soldiers keeps an eye on the front line during the Continuation War against the Soviet Union, 1942.jpeg

Please forgive my lack of knowledge here, but what is this weapon? That looks like a very odd and wide magazine.