Vintage Gun Photos

10 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

Missouri Confederates Thomas H. Brown, William A. Brown, and Abe Brown

Missouri Confederates Thomas H. Brown, William A. Brown, and Abe Brown.jpeg

What's in the middle guy's right hand?  Some sort of home-made single shot?

Can you imagine going to war so equipped?

Edited by peejman
On 2/13/2020 at 11:10 AM, RED333 said:

The strippers at the club don't like being shot with quarters, they like dollars better.

They probably wouldn't like you shooting Susan B dollars at her either and they might work, pretty close to quarter size.

I had a chance to trade for a "Red Nine" at the first Military Collectors show I attended in Cool Springs some years back. I flubbed it.

Instead of  agreeing immediately to the trade, I let the seller, who was a bit hesitant, think about it overnight. Needless to say, I really regret that move. I won't be so nice the next time.

From my understanding, these can be pita guns, but just so neat looking, and lots of history with them. 

Always wanted one. Maybe someday before I get older and more feeble.

Thanks for the pic, Jeb48. One of the more memorable for me.

I think a neighbor years ago had one. I just remember that it was a shoulder pistol and the stock was the holster/case. I warned him not to let too many know he had it because I was pretty sure it was illegal for him to own it in NY with out a CC permit. Lost track of him over 30 years ago or I would check to see if he still has it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

I think a neighbor years ago had one. I just remember that it was a shoulder pistol and the stock was the holster/case. I warned him not to let too many know he had it because I was pretty sure it was illegal for him to own it in NY with out a CC permit. Lost track of him over 30 years ago or I would check to see if he still has it.

Between the Mauser C96 and the Browning Inglish with a shoulder stock accessory, I had high hopes and dreams. Was never willing to pay for the cost of either to own.