Vintage Gun Photos

2 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Actually, I believe that was used against the aliens ships in "Earth VS Flying Saucers" ;)

Yes. One of cheesiest of the multitude of flying saucer movies of the 50s/early 60s, but good saucers. I think I must have watched every one made.

If I remember correctly, the gun fired a sort of high frequency, concentrated sound wave to disrupt the saucer's internal mechanisms and cause them to crash.

Edited by hipower
38 minutes ago, RED333 said:

I stand corrected, good job guys!

EvFS.jpg

LOL! Just that we old farts are full of totally useless information. 

I can walk by the tv and with a 90%+ rate of correctness; name old movie titles and actors. It drives my wife crazy.

On the other hand, I can't remember squat about important things anymore. Like first date with wife, family members, etc. Heck, next I'll be forgetting her birthday and our wedding date!

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Snaveba said:

Either the artist has never fired a rifle, or the cop is an idiot. 

I think, shortly before that image was created someone somewhere in a meeting stood up, raised a single finger high in the air and proclaimed, "THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR MARKETING!!"

And this is what they came up with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 3/31/2020 at 7:56 AM, E4 No More said:

Did you notice the sidearm too?

Yes. Putting a cross draw on a cop and no keepers on the belt; you know the artist was out of his element. Kinda like the reporter discussing an AR-14.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

The Californistan  guy has his side arm turned around too.

And from looking at him, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was an off duty officer. A Google search will turn up quite a few pictures of officers wearing their side arms cross-draw from the 40s and 50s. From what I can tell while in no way standard, it was absolutely not uncommon for the era. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

And from looking at him, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was an off duty officer. A Google search will turn up quite a few pictures of officers wearing their side arms cross-draw from the 40s and 50s. From what I can tell while in no way standard, it was absolutely not uncommon for the era. 

Yes, but they didn't wear them so far back on their hips that they couldn't draw it like in the picture.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Yes, but they didn't wear them so far back on their hips that they couldn't draw it like in the picture.

Sure about that? This officer’s is pretty far back on his hip, and would appear to be even further back were he to assume the same stance as the illustration.
LnO0cvQ.jpg

Also, I have a theory about why the officer in the drawing is holding the front of that AR 15 the way he is. I suspect that the original image was of an officer holding a baton in front of him The way you would see them sometime use batons in formation for riot control techniques. That image was taken, rotoscoped, baton removed and then an AR15 was added to replace the baton. 

Obviously I could be wrong, but that’s just my guess. 

6 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Sure about that? This officer’s is pretty far back on his hip, and would appear to be even further back were he to assume the same stance as the illustration.
LnO0cvQ.jpg

Also, I have a theory about why the officer in the drawing is holding the front of that AR 15 the way he is. I suspect that the original image was of an officer holding a baton in front of him The way you would see them sometime use batons in formation for riot control techniques. That image was taken, rotoscoped, baton removed and then an AR15 was added to replace the baton. 

Obviously I could be wrong, but that’s just my guess. 

Yes, the drawing has the pistol over his left butt-cheek. Your photo shows it further forward on the hip where it could actually be drawn.

58 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Obviously could be wrong, but that’s just my guess. 

My first thought was it looked like a military bayonet training pose. 

• Like 1