Vintage Gun Photos

On 9/25/2021 at 7:45 AM, bigun said:

Pontiac somewhere around '53 or '54 model

Close. 1951.

Specifically, it's a 1951 Pontiac Chieftan Super Deluxe painted in Malibu Ivory.

How, you might ask, do I know what color it is? The 1951 Super Deluxe was only available in Malibu Ivory or Sapphire Blue. It could be all one color, or have a contrasting roof in any combination of those 2 colors. Since the roof is darker than the body, this one must be Malibu Ivory with a Sapphire Blue top. The reverse color-scheme of this car:

1951-pontiac-chieftain-super-deluxe-eigh

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
14 hours ago, monkeylizard said:

Close. 1951.

Specifically, it's a 1951 Pontiac Chieftan Super Deluxe painted in Malibu Ivory.

How, you might ask, do I know what color it is? The 1951 Super Deluxe was only available in Malibu Ivory or Sapphire Blue. It could be all one color, or have a contrasting roof in any combination of those 2 colors. Since the roof is darker than the body, this one must be Malibu Ivory with a Sapphire Blue top. The reverse color-scheme of this car:

1951-pontiac-chieftain-super-deluxe-eigh

That is gorgeous!

Taking a few days off from posting new old photos. Camping in the middle of the Hershey old cars flea market this week, selling some extra ca parts and buying things I don’t need. Decided I didn’t need my lap top and only brought my iPad not thinking about the fact all my pictures are on my laps top. So Reefer and others please pick up the slack.

Sold enough today to pay for my spaces, now working on gas money. Would come anyway, but it is nice to come out even and it is cheaper to camp on the our spaces in the flea market than a cross the street in a field.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

Taking a few days off from posting new old photos. Camping in the middle of the Hershey old cars flea market this week, selling some extra ca parts and buying things I don’t need. Decided I didn’t need my lap top and only brought my iPad not thinking about the fact all my pictures are on my laps top. So Reefer and others please pick up the slack.

Sold enough today to pay for my spaces, now working on gas money. Would come anyway, but it is nice to come out even and it is cheaper to camp on the our spaces in the flea market than a cross the street in a field.

Been there once. It's amazing! Way too much to see and buy! 

My trip was years and years ago. I bet it's montserously huge now.

I skipped the car show this year and headed home instead on Saturday, long walk and threatening rain. For those that don't know about Hershey it is the Fall Meet for the Antique Car Club of America. It is also their largest show. The flea market covers roughly 100 acres and has nearly 10,000 10X30' flea market spaces. I have 3 of them. They usually have around 1400 cars for sale in the car coral and 1200-1400 cars in the Saturday show. These are all 25 year old and older vehicles that are as they left the factory, no street rods. They do allow vintage race cars if they have a documented racing history. My spots are roughly a mile from the edge of the car show and I'm probably a 1/2 mile or so from the other end of the flea market. The car show itself is adjacent to far western flea market field. In my younger days I walked all of the flea market over 3 days, this year maybe a quarter, getting old and the legs are not what they use to be.

I have an aerial photo I bought of the 2019 meet, I'll try to remember to scan it and post to give you an idea of the size. Was down a bit on attendance this year because the borders are closed and they usually have a large number visiting from other countries. Most years you an't walk for more than 30 minutes without hearing a foreign language or a strong accent, this year I heard two.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

Now back to the purpose of this thread, interesting old gun pictures. Here is Elke Sommer with a nice rifle. Name the rifle, and if it is a movie shot what movie?

Elke Sommer.jpeg

I have no idea what movie, but looks like a James Bond type of movie and I would have to say a Thompson SMG.