Vintage Gun Photos

6 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

What kind of gun was this actually?

Had an interesting discussion on this with a coworker that grew up in South Africa. He said as a kid they vacationed near the border with Rhodesian  (which is now Zimbabwe) where this gun looks to have been from. He said just going from his home city to there they rode in a motorcade with armed front and rear cars. He can see this gun being marketed the way it is because of needing to do this anytime you left the city. 

@Garufa beat me to the internet link. Here is the basic info:

The Rhogun was a Rhodesian submachine gun that was produced by BHS Ltd.

History
The Rhogun was developed in 1977 during the Rhodesian Civil War. It was designed as a cheap, cost-efficient submachine gun that could be produced in large volumes. A semi-automatic model, distributed by Bulawayo Armory, was also offered for civilian use, primarily intended as a personal defense weapon for rural farmers. Ultimately, by the time the war ended in 1979, the Rhogun had not sold well and few had been produced.

Design
The Rhogun was a basic blowback-operated submachine gun that utilized a wrap-around bolt design with a single guide rod and return spring. The magazine feed was not in line with the bolt path unless the grip safety was squeezed, which would raise the magazine up into the correct feeding position. Perhaps owing to its low standard of manufacture, the Rhogun was of poor reliability.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jeb48 said:

I don't know anything about this picture including the nationality of the men shown. The weapons look interesting. Anyone know what they are?

tumblr_n9lgc5lG3y1tzeqovo10_r2_500.jpeg

Off the wall, and possible out of my strange mind...could this be a still from some low budget SyFy flic? I've watched some pretty bizarre ones too.

9 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

I don't know anything about this picture including the nationality of the men shown. The weapons look interesting. Anyone know what they are?

One guy in the back row looks to have a Thompson strapped to his chest. Couple of the guys maybe have anti tank weapons? They look like they could be WW2 resistance fighters?

A movie set is a good guess, wouldn't surprise me at all.

ETA: The three guys with mystery weapons look to have PIATs. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PIAT

Looks like maybe they were Polish: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/85427724154124199/

Edited by TomInMN
I did it for the deets, yo!
  • Like 1

Love Clark Gable. Wife and I just watched a bunch on dvd this week. I think his WWII movies were some of the best made.

We watched Mutiny on the Bounty, Run Silent, Run Deep(my fav) and few of his westerns.

Edited by hipower