cz scorpion evo

jwhjwh54

Anyone have one and have any thoughts? Not sure why it's caught my eye and seems like the only reason to get one would be to SBR it. I have SBR's in 223 and 6.8 so I don't have any reason to get one. 

Probably just looks cool is why I'm looking at it. 

On 6/3/2017 at 8:35 AM, Esko 270 said:

I had a lot of fun with mine but if your in to making mods do some research on the trigger screw, there all welded now I think, other than that there a blast and mags are affordable. 

why are they welding them?  I have an older model hopefully - will be checking.

2 hours ago, MemHeli said:

why are they welding them?  I have an older model hopefully - will be checking.

From what I read it was to make them "world legal " so the trigger can't be changed.  There's a company that sells triggers and accessories for the Scorpion that actually makes a kit to drill through the weld. They make a really nice safety selector switch for it as well, if you shot it much you probably know about the safety that comes with it digging into your hand.

• Like 1

It sucks as a pistol.  The right side safety is horrible.  The barrel nuts are locktited on and can be a pain if you need to remove.  The trigger pack is held in with a screw that is welded so that they can sell the same pistol world wide.  The 922r kit has been discontinued and is hard to find now, but you can still order all the parts separate, its just more expensive.  

Now that all the negatives are out of the way, I love mine.  I haven't gotten around to sending off the form 1 yet.  And I've been thinking about just picking up a GearHead Works Tailhook and skipping the stamp for a while.