My newest toy!

Guest GlocKingTN

Guest GlocKingTN

I went today and picked up my Rock Island Armory 1911 today. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but soon! For some reason, it only came with 1 magazine. I was expecting 2 mags!

Here are a couple of pics I shot earlier:

tm_ria_1911_005=jpg.jpg

tm_ria_1911_006=jpg.jpg

Now it's time for some accessories!:shrug:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I WAS going to say something, but if a G17 is coming soon, I'll keep quiet. Seems like a RIA 1911 trend is starting to develop here at TGO. From what I hear, its a great value for the price, so congrats.

No its not! But there will be a G17 in the house soon!:shrug:
Guest ETS_Inc

My first 1911 was a RIA Commander. The only problem I ever had with it was an extractor that appeared to have been assembled by drunken monkeys. Otherwise, it was a good gun. Then, I shot a Para-Ord LDA, and went astray of the path of truth and glory.

Enjoy your new pistol.

VNGun... My first was a High Standard 1911 (ARMSCOR makes 'em both, same pistol, different markings). It was a fine pistol, and quite accurate. I was talking to someone at the range who was a former range instructor (the correct terminology escapes me at the moment) in the marines, and used to compete with his colt mil-spec. I asked him to shoot mine, and he shot a sub two inch group, two handed, at 20 yards. Out of the 5 rounds he shot, the last 3 were grouped within about half an inch. Not bad, not bad at all...

Congrats on the gun... but beware of the 1911 itch... early december, I had my first gun, and had never shot a pistol before that HS. Jump forward a few month to 4/20... and I was in a Les Baer... I don't even want to think about what could come next. <g>

**BRENT**

"For some reason, it only came with 1 magazine. I was expecting 2 mags!"

They only did that so you'd have an excuse to go get some Wilson or McCormick mags right away:up:

Guest GlocKingTN
"For some reason, it only came with 1 magazine. I was expecting 2 mags!"

They only did that so you'd have an excuse to go get some Wilson or McCormick mags right away:up:

Yeah, I knew that! And so did they.