Man saves 2 babies from being drowned. By their father.

I think most anyone one this site would have acted much in the same way. I know I would have and took my chances with a jury of 12 if I was charged. I don't even see why this is even being considered for charges. The guy was not only trying to kill the 2 babies but was armed with a butcher knife. Clear case of Self defense along with stopping a double homicide. Like Bigun said Mayor should pin a metal on him for being a hero..............JMHO

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Everyone is scared to death that someone will complain about this and make it into a big issue. No one wants to go on record backing this guys actions because it might bite them in the next election.

I think a lot of it will be determind if the Attorney General in Oklahoma is a liberal or not as to whether they will get a grand jury indictment against him. It is pitiful when an elected official will put his election before the lives of 2 babies and a man doing the right thing by saving their lives.

• Like 3

What government official is implying charges could be brought; I don’t see that anywhere? All homicides are investigated by (at least) the cops and the DA whether they are obviously justified or not.

Anyone could be charged by a DA for anything, but it sounds to me like the bad guy got what he deserved and that will be the end of it.

Props to the neighbor for stepping up.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DaveTN said:

What government official is implying charges could be brought; I don’t see that anywhere? All homicides are investigated by (at least) the cops and the DA whether they are obviously justified or not.

Anyone could be charged by a DA for anything, but it sounds to me like the bad guy got what he deserved and that will be the end of it.

Props to the neighbor for stepping up.

I think the only thing they may question is he shot the bad guy twice in the back. Other than that I don't think they would have much if any of a case. He was questioned and released shortly after the incident.

Any death by the hand of another will be investigated.  If this is in fact what happened without some other twist, the neighbor should be commended for taking action and it should be classed as a "justifiable" homicide once the investigation is completed and the criminal case closed.  I can understand the D.A. being non-committal until the investigation is concluded.  I only hope that the decision as to charges or not is based on sound legal principle and not politics. 

• Like 2

The article is in the opinion section, not within some news category...so be on the lookout for such and if seen take that as your first clue when reading.  That said, it one lines up with how the local news is reporting the important details.  Oklahoma's Justifiable Homicide law is quite covering for how this is laid out.

If the story holds to be true I'm sure it will be, but that's the DA's call.  As mentioned, every time someone kills someone there is an investigation.  It's only proper for comment to be withheld by those investigating or those with direct influence or oversight on the process.

Edited by btq96r