Saw on local news this morning that the N-Range Gun Store in Hendersonville was hit again last night in a smash and grab breakin. They said the bad guys smashed the from glass, entered the store and smashed the glass gun cases, grabbed what they could and got away. I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time this gun store has been hit in recent years. They said they did not have a total yet of how many guns they made away with. Evidently the owners of this location have not done anything to improve their security knowing that they are a prime target in a prime location for this to happen..............jmho

• Like 1

Yeah. It almost makes you wonder if they are orchestrating it. Maybe the "thieves" grab stuff that will profit the owners when the insurance pays. That is pure speculation. I wonder if a store's FFL can get revoked if they do not show that they attempt to avoid it happening?

I know a lady that runs a gun store and when she got hit once, she installed surveillance,  added welded bars to all the windows, and puts a lot of the best stuff away in the safe each night. She even will randomly stay a night in the store to add an extra layer of deterrent. Between her lady Smith and the stainless 12GA she keeps, people would be stupid to try. 

Edited by Ronald_55
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, GhstFace38 said:

They leave the firearms out in glass cases overnight? Guns and Ammo here in Memphis locks every single firearm up every single night. I thought it was common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been wondering if hey actually did that.  As much as they have it would take at least an hour every morning and night to lock everything up.

It is also the most well-secured store from the front I've ever seen.  No one or vehicle is going to smash in the windows.

Edited by Garufa
51 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I've been wondering if hey actually did that.  As much as they have it would take at least an hour every morning and night to lock everything up.

It is also the most well-secured store from the front I've ever seen.  No one or vehicle is going to smash in the windows.

I agree. No way in hades will a civilian vehicle bust in through the front. I doubt they lock everything up in a safe every night.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Saw on local news this morning that the N-Range Gun Store in Hendersonville was hit again last night in a smash and grab breakin. They said the bad guys smashed the from glass, entered the store and smashed the glass gun cases, grabbed what they could and got away. I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time this gun store has been hit in recent years. They said they did not have a total yet of how many guns they made away with. Evidently the owners of this location have not done anything to improve their security knowing that they are a prime target in a prime location for this to happen..............jmho

I believe the Mt. Juliet location has also had that problem at least once. Sure must be the unluckiest bunch of gun dealers in this state.

10 minutes ago, hipower said:

I believe the Mt. Juliet location has also had that problem at least once. Sure must be the unluckiest bunch of gun dealers in this state.

Yea, it was hit in January 2016. All but 2 of the weapons were recovered within a day or 2 and one of the bad guys was captured. They have not caught anyone involved in the 1st one in Hendersonville last year and not caught any one in this most recent one..............I bet their insurance is going to go through the roof since they seem to not be able to secure their locations properly............jmho

1 hour ago, 94user said:

I agree. No way in hades will a civilian vehicle bust in through the front. I doubt they lock everything up in a safe every night.

Run 200 yards down the street to Accurate Law Enforcement and Accent Guns  is across the street.  They all have same Ballard / Rolling Doors fronts. There's likely several million dollars worth of firearms a stones throw from each other.  I too doubt all is moved to a safe either.  

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Billrube said:

BATF requires bars on all entries. If they have been hit 3 times without taking steps BATF may pull their license.

Yeah I was going to reply earlier but was covered up at work at the time, and say exactly that.  If they've been hit this many times without making security improvements, the BATFE is going to get all up in their stuff.