Sign in to follow this  
driverman_1

Riverbend Festival

https://riverbendfestival.com/about/

10. Pets, skateboards, scooters, bicycles, rollerblades, and laser pointers are prohibited at Riverbend Festival.  As per Tennessee Code Annotated § 39-17-1311 Prohibited Weapons, as defined by Tennessee Code Annotated § 39-17-1302(a) and any other pertinent sections, prohibited under State Law shall be forbidden from being carried at events and said laws shall be uniformly enforced.  For questions regarding this directive and/or your status to carry please contact the Chattanooga Police Department at (423)643-5000.

So am I understanding correctly that as long as you have a THGP or one from a state with reporcity you can carry. I think I remember a local news making a big deal over the fact you could carry last year.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

If you plan on open carry and they have metal detectorz, no.

If you know what concealed means and 5-0 isn't going to pat you down, it's your decision to obey the law.

Pass enough laws which are flexibly interpreted and voila, you make criminals. Your friendly .gov at work.

3 hours ago, driverman_1 said:

So am I understanding correctly that as long as you have a THGP or one from a state with reporcity you can carry. I think I remember a local news making a big deal over the fact you could carry last year.

When I emailed the festival organizers some time ago, they changed their straight "no weapons" rule to what you see now, which I interpret to mean "no illegal (unpermitted) weapons carry."

I referenced the recently-changed parks law, and the reply seemed receptive.

If there are no metal detectors and it is at a park, then you can carry.  Last time I went, you were legal carrying since that is all at a park on the TN River.  Just keep it concealed and keep quiet about it knowing that you are legal. 

4 minutes ago, 300winmag said:

If there are no metal detectors and it is at a park, then you can carry.  Last time I went, you were legal carrying since that is all at a park on the TN River.  Just keep it concealed and keep quiet about it knowing that you are legal. 

The mere presence of metal detectors does not make a thing legal or illegal.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input. I always concealed and I am always quiet about it.

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

If this passed (and I think it did) after July 1 it matters.

http://publications.tnsosfiles.com/acts/110/pub/pc0467.pdf

So the presence of a metal detector operated by a cop or private security negates the provision that allows a person with a HCP to carry.  Nice loophole they wrote in there. 

Yeah I'm not sure if it is the presence or you are having to walk through a metal detector.  This new law was written so crummy that you'd have to read it several times.  But basically you can bet if you are found with a metal detector that you will get asked to take your gun back to your car and there is nothing you can do about it but leave.  Of course even before, arguing won't get you anywhere.  Best to just conceal and carry if you don't have to go through a metal detector and if you do need to go through one, just head back to the car to take your gun to store.  

Edited by 300winmag

I work in an office where several of the other companies employees are doing contract work for Riverbend.   One of them came back to the office today and said the CPD was doing training on how to use a metal detector wand.    

So if the new law doesn't take effect until July 1, and CPD is wanding at Riverbend, will anyone challenge them if they try to bar entry?

It won't be me, because I don't go to Riverbend anyway. 

42 minutes ago, dawgdoc said:

So if the new law doesn't take effect until July 1, and CPD is wanding at Riverbend, will anyone challenge them if they try to bar entry?

It won't be me, because I don't go to Riverbend anyway. 

Nothing good ever comes from challenging beat officers.  If someone is going to challenge them on-site like that, it's best if they go with an attorney in tow, and someone videoing it, expecting that it isn't going to go well, and preparing to make it sensational.  Even then it's probably going to go badly.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, dawgdoc said:

Related: 

http://newschannel9.com/news/local/riverbend-security-increased

No specific mention of wanding

Big brother.  

It's getting to the point where large gatherings simply will no longer be allowed by The Man.  He will demand that promoters pay for all the extra security (that said locals deem necessary) to the point that the promoters are either not going to fool with it anymore or charge such exhorbitant ticket prices or fees that it's just going to keep people away.

Really don't matter much anymore.  The terrorists won a long time ago.

Edited by Garufa

WRCB just mentioned wanding was taking place. Looks like I'm not going then.

8 hours ago, driverman_1 said:

WRCB just mentioned wanding was taking place. Looks like I'm not going then.

I suspect that the reason for this is easily discovered by looking at world events.  Here we are in the throws of the Ramadan Bomb-a-thon, and the world's stage has already been bathed in blood at more than a few public events.  With that in mind, wanding attendees seems like an expected reaction by the authorities.  But it doesn't do anything for someone sneaking in any number of other tools of death and destruction, nor does it stop a dump truck from being driven atop throngs of people or a sniper from setting up at a nearby vantage point or any other possible scenarios.

It's a basic precaution, sure, but it's not effective and arguably violates the rights of the people.  Ben Franklin knew what was up, so many years ago:

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

• Like 1

I choose not to be harassed so me and my money want be attending.

I choose not to be harassed so me and my money won't be attending.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:43 AM, TGO David said:

Nothing good ever comes from challenging beat officers.  If someone is going to challenge them on-site like that, it's best if they go with an attorney in tow, and someone videoing it, expecting that it isn't going to go well, and preparing to make it sensational.  Even then it's probably going to go badly.

That is exactly what needs to happen. Too bad there is no group that is cohesive enough to make a challenge like that with audio/video evidence and a lawyer or two in cognito. Until  infringements like these are challenged we set case law then it will only continue and/or get worse.

Edited by ken56

2 hours ago, ken56 said:

That is exactly what needs to happen. Too bad there is no group that is cohesive enough to make a challenge like that with audio/video evidence and a lawyer or two in cognito. Until  infringements like these are challenged we set case law then it will only continue and/or get worse.

So get a couple camera toting, open carrying lawyer buddies and go get yourselves arrested. That'll fix it. 

Yes  peegman, that WILL fix it. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Otherwise we accept the status quo and "just conceal" hiding our constitutional rights under our shirts.......until we get stopped and frisked and arrested. This is where it has to be an organized effort to stop the effort to deny law abiding people their INALIENABLE rights, just as its an organized effort to DENY them. Until there is a group to finance a defense I really don't expect the average joe to go through such an ordeal alone. How many of us here are willing to put some money where our mouths are? Or are we just here to BS and belittle those who have a different opinion than you?

Edited by ken56

Edited by bud