Trap shooting at Green River Gun Club of Bowling Green Kentucky

The new trap range at Green River Gun Club of Bowling Green Kentucky is now OPEN TO THE PUBLIC on Monday evenings.

The trap range will be open to the public, throwing practice targets Monday evenings from 5:00 until 9:00 PM starting the first week of June. Cost will be $4.00 per round (25 targets) shooting both singles and handicap practice.

For more information go to GRGC website:

http://bggrgc.com/

• Like 2
4 hours ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

$4.00 per round is a bargain in these parts!

You got that right. Back when I was a youngster about 14 years old a buddy and I use to shoot trap at a local gun club we could walk to from our homes and back then it was $2.00 to shoot a round plus the shells and my buddy and I worked for neighbors doing odd jobs to get the money to afford to do it. When we could not make any money we would go and watch. He and his sons both shoot still up there and I think it costs about 8 bucks no per round but he does his own reloading so saves on the ammo costs. He and his two sons chip in to buy the reloading supplies and work together on the reloading. Last time I spoke with him he was still using the Mec 600 reloader he bought back in the 1960's.

Like I said earlier when I was just a kid I loved going trap shooting and it does improve your Quail hunting shooting a lot. The gun club up there use to hold Turkey shoots which you could win an assortment of different meats and my budy and I did wi our share of them. We would make sure to save up plenty of money of funds to attend the Turkey shoots which by the way they called them Meat Shoots.

I can remember one shoot in particular that my buddy and I won about 8 of the shoots and we both had a Turkey, a full stick of Butcher Bologna, a canned ham and a 5lb pack of bacon each and a guy from the club gave both of us a ride home with our winnings because he knew we walked to the club each time we went. It was one of thsoe days that we were just hot on target. When I came down here and saw what the Turkey shoots were down here I never attended one. Didn't seem like much competition shooting at a paper target..........JMHO